Deathly Hallows... oooohh... :lol3:

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone heard when the next Harry Potter book (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)should be coming out soon? A Barnes and Noble employee said she heard it was going be on 7/7/07, but that's only what she heard. Nothing solid. We reserved our copy so we'll get one for sure.
I really can't wait!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm not sure, but i found this on Amazon.com:
Amazon.com
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Final Chapter[/font]
It's official! J.K. Rowling revealed the title of Book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Sign up to be notified when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is available for pre-order and we'll let you know when you can get the hotly anticipated final chapter in J.K. Rowling's remarkable series as soon as we hear the news.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Although it would be really neat if the book were released on 7/7/07, from what I've read on various HP news sites is that JKR is still not finished writing the book. Include editing, cover design and release, and advertising and I think it's very unlikely that it will happen on that date. Unless, of course, she's been purposefully mistating how finished she is.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could be wrong, but maybe it's not the next book that's coming out in July. From what I've heard, the next movie, "Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix", is due out in July. I'm sure I read somewhere just recently that the last book isn't finished yet.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
July 21, 2007

I got an e-mail from Books a Million, Barnes and Noble and Borders yesterday asking me to reserve a copy. There is a cover as well, which I found VERY interesting.

http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/bo...sbn=0545010225
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, the seventh and final book in the best-selling series, has been scheduled for release at 12:01 a.m. on July 21, 2007, it was announced today by Scholastic, the global children's publishing, education and media company.
In making the announcement, Lisa Holton, President of Scholastic Children's Books said, "We are thrilled to announce the publication date of the seventh installment in this remarkable series. We join J.K. Rowling's millions of readers--young and old, veterans and newcomers--in anticipating what lies ahead."
Its all black and has no picture of Harry on the cover, which is a first... I'm starting to get excited!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I preordered mine from a local book store that is going to have a midnight party for it! I took the 21st off of work and am looking foward to the party!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You took the day off?!!
That's great! I'm curious what excuse you came up with.
I am looking forward to it too, but I just put my name down at the library, and there's a looong waiting list.
So, who do you all think she's going to kill off? I think she'd be very brave to kill off Harry, I'd kinda like it if she did.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geez, I hope it's not Harry; hasn't that poor boy been thru enough?

I can't wait to read #7, but I also hate to see the story end.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to go to a release party, but no, we preordered. Blah.

I can't wait. I secretly hope that Sirius and Dumbledore come back, though...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

I wanted to go to a release party, but no, we preordered. Blah.

I can't wait. I secretly hope that Sirius and Dumbledore come back, though...
ok, i was discussing Potter stuff with a friend the other night... he has a theory that the Dumbledore that was killed was actually Snape using polyjuice potion, & that the Snape that's still alive is actually Dumbledore also using polyjuice potion. a rather intriguing idea, huh?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

You took the day off?!!
That's great! I'm curious what excuse you came up with.
I am looking forward to it too, but I just put my name down at the library, and there's a looong waiting list.
So, who do you all think she's going to kill off? I think she'd be very brave to kill off Harry, I'd kinda like it if she did.
I was honest! I told him that my fellow LARPers (Live Action Role Playing) and I were going to the midnight sale of Harry Potter. He rolled his eyes and gave me the day off!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's an interesting thoery about Dumbledore and the polyjuice potion, though I don't think JK Rowling would do that. She's not afraid to takethe hard road and kill off characters when she thinks it's necessary. To bring anyone back would be way too "Hollywood style"; I hope she doesn't pander to the crowd who wants everything to be a happy ending.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got the feeling that Snape is going to end up being a good guy. If there's a way for Dumbledore to be brought back, I'd love to see it happen. I'd also like to see Hermoine & Ron get together.