New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

grrrr

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
ok one of the mums around the school is moaning that she thinks her cat may be pregnant again!!!! this will be her fourth litter in about 18 months ffs. she dosnt want the cat yet she wont give it away to anyone , im in the middle of trying to get her to give it to me so that if she is still early on i can get a spay abort done even though i dont agree with it its in the cats best intrests. i have 8 cats here so not sure if i can afford another at the moment , but im willing to try. all you hear her go on about is her cat was ****** this other cat in the garden last night. does my head in. iv tried telling her the reasons why she needs to be spayed but all i get is this is my cat i will do as i please . her last litter she was given away at only 6 weeks old. and shes always moaning about the mess.
i just hope i can get through to her soon.
post #2 of 16
I sympathise - a bloke who volunteers with us yesterday said that he thinks his female cat may be pregnant again. This cat is living with its unneutered biological father and its own son, and her unspayed daughter is also there. I told him well of course she's going to keep getting pregnant, he expressed surprise that they would because they're all related and he didn't think they'd mate with each other. I am now trying to frighten him into spaying by telling him the kittens might have 2 heads or something. At least yesterday he did admit to me that he should have had them all fixed, maybe I am starting to rub off on him.
post #3 of 16
OMG 4 litters in 18 months???? Tell her she's killing her cat and if she loves the cat she'll do something about it! Also, remind her that the kittens she cannot rehome (at least the 1st 2 litters if not 3) can start to produce as young as 4-6 months and what will she do after that? Another thing, remind her that it's by far cheaper to speuter then to continuously have kittens.

Keep going at her...sooner or later she'll listen and by then, I hope it's not too late for the mom cat...
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX View Post
ok one of the mums around the school is moaning that she thinks her cat may be pregnant again!!!! this will be her fourth litter in about 18 months ffs. she dosnt want the cat yet she wont give it away to anyone , im in the middle of trying to get her to give it to me so that if she is still early on i can get a spay abort done even though i dont agree with it its in the cats best intrests. i have 8 cats here so not sure if i can afford another at the moment , but im willing to try. all you hear her go on about is her cat was ****** this other cat in the garden last night. does my head in. iv tried telling her the reasons why she needs to be spayed but all i get is this is my cat i will do as i please . her last litter she was given away at only 6 weeks old. and shes always moaning about the mess.
i just hope i can get through to her soon.
I hope you are able to get this cat from this woman and provide it the vet treatment it needs. Know that we all support you.

Katie
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
I sympathise - a bloke who volunteers with us yesterday said that he thinks his female cat may be pregnant again. This cat is living with its unneutered biological father and its own son, and her unspayed daughter is also there. I told him well of course she's going to keep getting pregnant, he expressed surprise that they would because they're all related and he didn't think they'd mate with each other. I am now trying to frighten him into spaying by telling him the kittens might have 2 heads or something. At least yesterday he did admit to me that he should have had them all fixed, maybe I am starting to rub off on him.
Epona....I would be honest and say that due to the fact that she may be pregnant by a relative that her kittens could have health issues related to interbreeding. Telling him the kittens could have 2 heads is a bit of a stretch. Is there any way that you can also get him to get the rest of the cats fixed now before the other female becomes pregnant?

Katie
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNR1 View Post
Epona....I would be honest and say that due to the fact that she may be pregnant by a relative that her kittens could have health issues related to interbreeding. Telling him the kittens could have 2 heads is a bit of a stretch. Is there any way that you can also get him to get the rest of the cats fixed now before the other female becomes pregnant?

Katie
The 2 heads thing was not serious, we have quite a jokey atmosphere at work and that came up in the pub after work. I have made it clear to him in serious mode though that they could have health problems. I am doing what I can with him and he seems to be starting to listen, at least he now admits that they need fixing.

He has tried to have me help find homes for kittens from the last litter, I've told him that I will not take ANY kittens from him myself unless he can provide evidence that the females have been spayed, and that I would pay for spaying his adults at the low-cost clinic instead of giving him money for any kittens. Not that I really want another kitten, but I would take one if it meant his females are going to be spayed, and only under those circumstances. Do you think that's an OK offer to make?
post #7 of 16
Sounds to me like the last thing this woman needs is a cat.
If she doesn't want it, why in the **** did she get it in the first place???
I can't remember who said it, but I agree...that many litters of kittens in 18 months is killing that poor cat.
Dear God she barely has time to recover from one litter before she's pregnant again.

I wish you all the lucky in the world getting that poor cat away from that woman.
post #8 of 16
I think another problem here is she actuallly enjoys having the kittens around. But she also enjoys having them as something to complain about, to make her life seem harder than it actually is.

How old is this woman? Because she sounds like a pre-teen.
post #9 of 16
its people like that that make me mad this lady sounds really childish but children seem to act better than her !!!! I wish u the most luck in the world I hope u can talk some sense into her and get through to her, have u asked her why she talks like she doesnt want the cat and ect, and isnt really taken care of her but wont let any one else take care of her and all the things that need to be done? Even if it is someone she knows like u to help this poor kittie out !!!!
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
belive it or not shes in her late 20s , now im only 24 i have now 8 cats just took in our last one a week ago and there all spayed and neutered , the new one was done today.
most of mine has been strays and some from people who just didnt want there cat no more coz it was a nusines. yet iv had no problems. some people just dont deserve any animal. i have brought home loads of leafets from the vets today on spaying and what effects it has having so many litters , even though i have told her , she might take some notice of these . it just really infruates me the way she goes about it .
post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
ps , i have offered to pay for the spay , all i got was * you trying to say i cant afford it* , she said she may dislike some of the stuff but in a way she likes having her around. just wish there was more i could do. i dont know where she lives.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX View Post
ps , i have offered to pay for the spay , all i got was * you trying to say i cant afford it* , she said she may dislike some of the stuff but in a way she likes having her around. just wish there was more i could do. i dont know where she lives.
Well..she could have her spayed and then foster for a rescue group.

Katie
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
i never thought to ask her that , do you think she would be ok fostering though ? i mean she dosnt worm her kittens vac them and lets them go at 6 weeks? i know with fostering they do all that anyway , but wouldnt her cats need to be uptodate with vacs and worming?
post #14 of 16
Perhaps it would be better for her to volunteer at a shelter. Then she could see first hand how many unwanted cats/kittens are out there.

From what you've said, I don't think she'd be too good at fostering. At least if she's volunteering the cats are not in her home.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX View Post
i never thought to ask her that , do you think she would be ok fostering though ? i mean she dosnt worm her kittens vac them and lets them go at 6 weeks? i know with fostering they do all that anyway , but wouldnt her cats need to be uptodate with vacs and worming?
Yeh...but she wouldn't have to worry about that...she could enjoy the fun of having kittens...but all the vaccines etc. would be taken care of by the rescue group.

Katie
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
ok i will put the idea across to her , hopefully will go well . i have just taken 2 more cats in . one not wanted by the owner who i have just neutered and another one who has been a stray round here . he went this morning to a rescue who is gonna clean him up neuter him vac him and send him back to me. 9 cats now , omg i could open a rescue of my own . if i had the money and my OH would allow it i would.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care