Reeses just wanted a fork!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've made a mention a few times about how one of Reeses' hobbies besides lamp tipping and breaking into closets was opening cabinet doors. Well I fixed that by installing internal baby locks. Well alittle while ago I heard the doors opening slightly and closing (Meaning she's trying to get in but the locks are working..heck they usually keep ME out when I forget we have them). All of a sudden I hear the silverware open. It has a distintive squeak that I know automatically. I go in the kitchen and sure enough, silverware drawer is open.

Now whether she did it on purpose (I really hope I don't need to put locks on the drawers too!) or if it was maybe from her jumping off the counter and her foot caught the edge of the drawer I guess I'll never know

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have quite the busy little sweetie on your hands!
makes liife interesting doesn't it!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sammy is a world class get-into-er. He'll get into anything and everything. We've done the baby lock thing too, but if there's any give he'll get his sister to stand in the gap and brace the door for him while he squeezes through, so it has to be super tight locks.
Maybe Reese's was going to cook for you? lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

Sammy is a world class get-into-er. He'll get into anything and everything. We've done the baby lock thing too, but if there's any give he'll get his sister to stand in the gap and brace the door for him while he squeezes through, so it has to be super tight locks.
Maybe Reese's was going to cook for you? lol
As long as the secret ingredient isn't cat hair she can cook whatever she wants

Thankfully Reeses is too big to squeeze through the gap in the door. She tries but it doesn't work

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
since all my cupboards have been baby-locked, I have a couple smarty-pants too that will know open the drawers too, i think they just like to rub it in that as hard as we try to prevent it, they'll stil f ind something to get in that they're not supposed too

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar has gotten into the cupboards under the sink by squeezing himself through the cutlery drawer. He has also worked out how to get into the flip-top bin by flipping the lid up with a paw then sticking his head under the flap to stop it closing.

I am fighting a losing battle trying to keep that cat out of things, so I sympathise with you completely!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Radar has gotten into the cupboards under the sink by squeezing himself through the cutlery drawer. He has also worked out how to get into the flip-top bin by flipping the lid up with a paw then sticking his head under the flap to stop it closing.

I am fighting a losing battle trying to keep that cat out of things, so I sympathise with you completely!
And you're getting him an apprentice soon!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

And you're getting him an apprentice soon!
Oh don't, 2 little monsters causing havoc! Radar has also learnt to turn on taps and give himself a bath, so when he gets in the bin he's often wet and I fear he will get stuff stuck to him. When he's not in the room with us we have to check on him every few minutes to make sure he's not got himself into a pickle, and when we're out he has to be shut into the sitting room because otherwise we'd come back and find the bin and cupboard emptied and all the sinks overflowing. And he'd probably have got into his dry food and be gorging himself.

It sounds as if Reeses is so very frighteningly similar, they even look similar you know, except that Reeces has red patches as well as black, but their spotting pattern is very much the same. And both right little handfuls!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

How come you all have cats that are so adventurous? The most my cats do is jump on the counter and lick the butter
They are like stuffed animals with a heartbeat
Trust me, there are days when I envy you.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

How come you all have cats that are so adventurous? The most my cats do is jump on the counter and lick the butter
They are like stuffed animals with a heartbeat
most of my cats are lazy too, and when i read about Radar's or 8-bit's or Reeses' antics I am soooooo thankful!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Oh don't, 2 little monsters causing havoc! Radar has also learnt to turn on taps and give himself a bath, so when he gets in the bin he's often wet and I fear he will get stuff stuck to him. When he's not in the room with us we have to check on him every few minutes to make sure he's not got himself into a pickle, and when we're out he has to be shut into the sitting room because otherwise we'd come back and find the bin and cupboard emptied and all the sinks overflowing. And he'd probably have got into his dry food and be gorging himself.

It sounds as if Reeses is so very frighteningly similar, they even look similar you know, except that Reeces has red patches as well as black, but their spotting pattern is very much the same. And both right little handfuls!
Well she hasn't learned to turn on the water yet, she's just content to try and drink from the faucet and sit in the tub (found her favorite toy in there yesterday when I went to take a shower). The video that was posted of the cat flushing the toilet scares the crap out of me. Hopefully she doesn't figure that one out.

Reeses usually comes over to me wet because she's been playing in her water dish. She likes to get her food soggy one by one and fish it out and eat it. I even caught her playing hockey with a piece of her food the other day

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I like to keep a plastic fork and spoon by the computer for when I eat there and they've been missing lately. Do I blame Ari or has Reeses been visiting?

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sound like she's quite the handful. Thats okay though, there will never be a dull moment in your house.