Hate Clamshell packaging

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I have spent the last 15 minutes struggling to get something out of that stupid clamshell packaging - you know the hard sealed plastic that doesn't open easily. I have almost sliced my fingers and come close to damaging the product inside.

I know their excuses for using the packaging, cost, theft prevention, etc. But the real reason they use is them because
THEY HATE US

End of rant, thank you. Now I still have to get the darn thing out.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling, Jana!
They are absolutely impossible to get into! Makes you wonder what they would do if you managed to damage the product and ask them for a replacement!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree! I hate that kind of packaging. Is it really cheaper? I don't think it would be. I just like my regular platicon the front card board on the pack.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate using it. I sliced my finger open on Christmas Eve one year trying to open it with a pocket knife...why I didn't just use scissors, I don't know
I also hate it because you have to destroy the package, so if you have to return it, you feel stupid "Here I completely demolished this and I want to return it"...

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Using scissors in my house isn't great either. I can never seem to find them when I need them. They disappear into the garage never to return again.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two words: Utility Knife.

Since I got one of my own, I no longer have trouble opening up those horrible plastic packages. No more struggling, no more nasty cuts from sharp plastic, just a quick zip, zip, zip with the razor blade edge, and I'm IN!

I just love tools...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

They are a pain in the butt.......hate them !!

BTW - anything interesting in the packet that you need to tell us about
I just had to replace my Palm Pilot. Nothing exciting. I was really worried about slipping and scratching the screen though.

Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I hate using it. I sliced my finger open on Christmas Eve one year trying to open it with a pocket knife...why I didn't just use scissors, I don't know
I also hate it because you have to destroy the package, so if you have to return it, you feel stupid "Here I completely demolished this and I want to return it"...
Scissors don't work much better. And I agree about the embarrassment factor.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if those power scissors or whatever they are would work on those? did anyone see those commercials? I think Black & Decker makes them

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw those commercials around christmas time for the cutting of wrapping paper. Its a good idea but I don't know if the are strong enough or sharp enough for that tough plastic.