Chicago free spay/neuter services??

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
Does anyone know of any free spay/neuter services in Chicago area? I know a couple of low cost but they are still expensive... I am trying to find a home for a kitten but she is not fixed and I would hate for her to go to a new home unspayed because I don't want her to contribute to the overpopulation problem... I can't afford to get this kitten spayed I am just trying to help the person who has her find her a home and I know some places have free spay/neuter but I can't find any for my area. Anyone know of any?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

Hello!
Does anyone know of any free spay/neuter services in Chicago area? I know a couple of low cost but they are still expensive... I am trying to find a home for a kitten but she is not fixed and I would hate for her to go to a new home unspayed because I don't want her to contribute to the overpopulation problem... I can't afford to get this kitten spayed I am just trying to help the person who has her find her a home and I know some places have free spay/neuter but I can't find any for my area. Anyone know of any?
You can get it done for $10 at the Anti-Cruelty Society. You might want to contact PAWS http://pawschicago.org/ They have a spay/neuter clinic at their 26th street location. They do offer free spay/neuter for people living in certain zip codes. They may have a discount for certain circumstances, but I don't know. It never hurts to ask! Good luck!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My rescue does free/low-cost S/N. You can call them at 773-784-5488 to get up-to-date costs (if any). It's either free or $10-45 depending on our grant status. We try to do as many rehomes/strays/ferals for free as we possibly can.

Anti-Cruelty society also does them. 312-644-8338

PAWS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info... PAWS I cannot afford ($65 or more with vacc.) and am not in the area codes that do it for free... I've tried contacting Anti-Cruelty in the past for spay/neuter and they always have you leave a message and they have never gotten back to me even when I left multiple messages... Well actually they did get back to me once when I contacted them about a foster dog a few years ago but the waiting list was 4-6 months.