TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Wow, umm...I just lost it...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wow, umm...I just lost it...

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I came home today and basically had a fit with the front door.

A little background first: I have super small hands and short fingers. The hands aren't so bad, but most gloves still leave 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of empty space where my fingers end.

The gloves I wear are super warm, but they're too tall in the fingers. Plus I can't grip anything since the fingers and tips are all felt.

So I come in the front door to our porch which has a hook and hole, plus chain lock. I didn't want to take the gloves off because its REALLY cold outside.

Trying to get that hook in the hole was the MOST DIFFICULT THING ever. After 20 seconds of missing the hole I just started pounding on the door in frustration, ummm...basically going ape on it.

I finally came in threw everything on the couch (including my coffee mug UPSIDE DOWN), ran back out without gloves and got the hook in the hole (the chain lock was OK, I got that right away).

After kicking and punching the door though I feel a little better. Umm...I might call into work tomorrow.
post #2 of 24
Um, is it okay if I find this really really funny?
post #3 of 24
Sweetie.....I think a few deep breaths and a bubble bath are in order! I've had days like that!
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Um, is it okay if I find this really really funny?
That's OK...actually now I laughed because you did.

I think I scared B too...he waited until I was done before coming out.

Oooo...Bubble bath sounds good!!!
post #5 of 24
Im so very sorry
post #6 of 24
Thread Starter 
Great, now I'm wondering my neighbors saw it. The porch is enclosed, but with the windows you can see right in it.

Well I don't talk to them anyways.
post #7 of 24
Oh dear!

I think we all have days like that!

I bet you feel much better now that you have though!
post #8 of 24
I've gone Harry Carrey on my front door a couple times before, specially when i'm carying somthing.

Sounds like the door flipping deserved it. *smile*
post #9 of 24
I think u need a day off, we used to call them mental health days, everyone needs them
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
Mmmm...I'm mowwing on cake and ice cream right now.

Oh soo good.

Am yes, the door had it coming to it.
post #11 of 24
I seem to go through something like that every time it gets cold. Between the heavy coats, the gloves, the purse that falls off my shoulder, dropping the keys because of the gloves, I usually end up dropping stuff at the doorway and then throwing everything else down in a fit.
post #12 of 24
Calling into work sounds like a good idea.

Feeling calmer and more centered vibes to you.
post #13 of 24
if it makes you feel any better, I have actually kicked a hole in my screen door and also kicked in my front door, making anything but the deadbold useless sometimes you just need to FREAK OUT!!!!
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
if it makes you feel any better, I have actually kicked a hole in my screen door and also kicked in my front door, making anything but the deadbold useless sometimes you just need to FREAK OUT!!!!
no baseball bats for you
if it helps i once tossed a PC out of a second floor window.
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
no baseball bats for you
if it helps i once tossed a PC out of a second floor window.
Wow, guys, do you think we should be asking Anne to appoint a TCS Rage Mentor? For the dealing with, not you know, freak out ideas.

post #16 of 24
Yeah, some of us need to enroll in some serious TCS meditation classes...which do of course involve ice cream, bubble baths, a cup of tea, a bed, and a book.
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satai View Post
Wow, guys, do you think we should be asking Anne to appoint a TCS Rage Mentor? For the dealing with, not you know, freak out ideas.

what rage, it did not want to work. so it was more easy to let gravity take care of the issue then to carry it down... and that was years ago, when i was young and dumb
post #18 of 24
Reminds me of what happened a couple of weeks ago when I was ready to leave the house to do some errands and I couldn't find my keys-turns out Neil (for some reason) had both sets *grr*
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie130 View Post
Yeah, some of us need to enroll in some serious TCS meditation classes...which do of course involve ice cream, bubble baths, a cup of tea, a bed, and a book.
sorry just saw this one, wait let me check
the rule books says
a man should not take a bubble bath unless said man is asked by a lady, to join her

hehe but the tea part sounds good..
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
sorry just saw this one, wait let me check
the rule books says
a man should not take a bubble bath unless said man is asked by a lady, to join her

hehe but the tea part sounds good..
With the male/female ratio on this board? I think you're covered, Imp.
post #21 of 24
Thread Starter 
Oooo! I likey!!!!

You must be at peace with both your inner physical self as well as your inner virtual self
OOOOOOOoooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm.....
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Oooo! I likey!!!!

You must be at peace with both your inner physical self as well as your inner virtual self
OOOOOOOoooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Inner virtual self! Yes, well, at least I nuture that.
post #23 of 24
Well did you atleast feel better after pounding the door? Too funny!!
post #24 of 24
I can relate - I have very small hands, too, and doing anything with gloves on is ridiculously hard to do.

I hope the coffee didn't ruin your couch! I bet your jump up and down kick and punch the door fit was tremendously satisfying.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Wow, umm...I just lost it...