Do Your Kitties ask for love from each other?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ming Loy wobbles (she's handicapped) up to our other kitties, and shoves her face into their chest - nuzzling. They then start to lick her on the head an neck and she sits down while they groom her - sometimes for quite a while.

None of our other cats ever did this (Ming Loy is 2 years younger than 4 of them and 1 year younger than Flowerbelle) - but it seems so sweet!

Our kitties have always snuggled up with each other to sleep, and we see them grooming each other at times. But until Ming Loy we never had anybody (that we saw) "asking" to be loved on by any of the others. Do your kitties do something like this?

Laurie

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Davidson, my little lover is always going up to Harley and rubbing his little face into Harley's looking for a little love! Then of course if Harley is in a good mood, he'll cuddle with Davidson, if not, he just comes to cuddle with Momma!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Laurie! Nice to "see" you!

Kahu always goes up to Peedoodle and licks the top of his head - Peedoodle will generally accept it but after a wee while, he gets annoyed and bops him.

Kahu is always the one who wants love and attention from Peedoodle but not the other way around. Peedoodle only wants attention from humans!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine to do too, but I have a Mother cat and her grown kittens. Its something that never stopped from when they were small and a reiteration for me everyday that I did the right thing in keeping them all together.
They even nuzzle me for love, too

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, Lily is our lover. She goes up to Smudge and Stumpy, rubs against them and tries to groom them, but she also puts her head under their head expecting them to groom her back as well
They're so sweet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Hi Laurie! Nice to "see" you!

Kahu always goes up to Peedoodle and licks the top of his head - Peedoodle will generally accept it but after a wee while, he gets annoyed and bops him.

Kahu is always the one who wants love and attention from Peedoodle but not the other way around. Peedoodle only wants attention from humans!
Hi Kellye! Long time no "see."
Poor Kahu! I'm so glad they seem to be happily resettled in mommy's loving arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pami - that's so sweet!

Sarah - does Lilly get her love - or in the end, does she only get to give it?

And as to Harley and Davidson - I was always totally amazed at how much they loved each other so quickly!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

And as to Harley and Davidson - I was always totally amazed at how much they loved each other so quickly!
Me too, Laurie! I was very lucky to have such good introductions with them!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Sarah - does Lilly get her love - or in the end, does she only get to give it?
She gets it from Stumpy - they'll sit there and groom each other, but Smudge the baby is still too little to understand I think - she just gets groomed by Lily. They'll both sit there with big kitty smiles on their faces while Lily cleans Smudge

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pinky is always begging for loving from either Stumpy or Spanky. He'll walk up to them with his head bowed, give them a head bump, and if they respond, he'll lay down with his face mashed up against them to get head licks. Stumpy and Spanky usually respond in turn.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Momma does this thing where she makes eye contact with one of the others, then she bows her head and waits for her 'kisses' on the top of her head. Most of them cooperate
...although if they do it 'wrong' then she'll give them a couple swats afterwards. It's so sweet, until the swats...anyway.

Pixel and Pumpkin ask for love from the boys. They approach them on the bed and bury their head against Beandip or Junior's chest. They always get a good bath when they do that.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Severino used to cuddle with Joey, but ever since
Bella
died Severino has taken over the alpha role and he takes it very seriously, so everytime Joey goes to cuddle Severino gets up
I feel bad for Joey because he is a cuddler, someday we will get him a new kitten for him to cuddle with

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Jasmine and Isabella are best friends
Awwwwww that's adorable!!! OMG and I just noticed the name of the link as well (ie. what you called the photo)

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR
That is so cute!

Reilly loves to wash Sydney (even when she doesn't want to be washed) he'll hold her down and give her a good cleaning

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Nacho and Orion always head butt each other and curl up and groom each other at the same time. Nacho likes to put his arms around Orions neck and lick his face.
I've seen Poptart and Gordito snuggle up as well, though it doesn't happen often. They were seperated for a month while they were kittens.. so I don't know if they remember each other as littermates or not.

And Cappy very rarely grooms anyone... though he alwasy comes up to any of the other four to be groomed. And they all will groom him as well.

They aren't always paired like that.. they'll all groom different kitties. Gordito is the ear licker. He grabs onto the others and licsk their ears out.

But I thinkk they all love each other. I think I'm lucky to have 5 kitties who all get along.. other than Cappy's little beatings every now and then

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are you kidding?

although I have caught them both sleeping together..
but they'll never admit to that!
they play all the time, though!
mainly at night.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pumpkin and Olivia rub and groom on eachother. Pumpkin also grooms Abby the dog. Mooch and Noodles will cuddle, but that's about it most of the time. I havn't seen them groom eachother in a long time.