What are you more comfortable in?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A nice restaurant or a Mom/Pop style.........?? Do you have a favorite that you and SO/DH/DW best pal go to?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like mom & pop casual type dining the most.

My favourite all time resturant is East Side Mario's (it's where DH and I went on our 1st date)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really enjoy both! I love love to get dressed up and dine out in a really nice place and I love to to just go where I can be comfy.

We have several places we like to frequent, but the one we frequent the most is this Italian restaurant near and dear to our hearts.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of big fancy restaurants so I like little local mom and pop ones.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either one works for me, we don't have many small restaruants around here- the smallest kind like that we have are like Applebee's/TGI Fridays!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoy both too. Depends on who I go with sometimes, but I do like both. My only problem with the fancy places is their seating tends to hurt my back. At least this one place that uses old fashion/antique chairs does.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom & Pop all the way! I LOVE Cracker Barrel...because of the little store...and the HUGE fireplace!!! and...oh yes...the food! I love their Saturday special...chicken and rice!

Hilda >^..^<

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our favorite place is "Granny's Pancake House."

But I really enjoy going out to a fancy dinner every once in a while - country French or Italian. I really hate "neauveaux" (sp?) food!

Of course, my favorite is when Gary cooks a fancy meal. He is an incredible chef. He usually does dinner while I do lunch (I make great sandwiches, lol!) - but when he goes all out, it's just amazing.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Our favorite place is "Granny's Pancake House."

But I really enjoy going out to a fancy dinner every once in a while - country French or Italian. I really hate "neauveaux" (sp?) food!

Of course, my favorite is when Gary cooks a fancy meal. He is an incredible chef. He usually does dinner while I do lunch (I make great sandwiches, lol!) - but when he goes all out, it's just amazing.
Oh my! You have a Naomi too! So do I!!! Nice to meet ya!

Uh...and I do sandwiches pretty well too

Hilda >^..^<

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love going places that have a comfortable atmosphere and that your able to go in wearing jeans and a sweatshirt.
My favorite place is called "Cora's" it's a breakfast place for waffles, eggs benidict, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I really enjoy both! I love love to get dressed up and dine out in a really nice place and I love to to just go where I can be comfy.

We have several places we like to frequent, but the one we frequent the most is this Italian restaurant near and dear to our hearts.
Gee, I wonder which one that is Pam??
Sure wish I could try it! Is your sauce sweet or garlicy?

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I want some place quiet, there is a great chinese place that the DH and I can walk to.

When we want some place rowdy and fun with a lot of familiar faces we go to Big Leagues, a sports bar that is frequented by all my family memebers. Many of us have worked, and work there still.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm too frugal to go to expensive places. Besides, I'm a very good cook and usually do a better meal at home for a fraction of the cost.

Give me the Mom and Pop's, preferably the ones on the corner that have been in business for 50+ years that are not part of a national chain. I loved the local Italian joints in Chicago and in KC, I love the small BBQ places.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate fancy restaurants... I've hardly ever been in them. To me, a "nice" dinner costs 15$ a person, including everything

When I was little, I once embarrassed my mom to death when we were out with her friends and their kids by yelling at the waitress "Are we allowed to use these???"... referring to the cloth napkins
at this hoity-toity restaurant.

Anyway, I'll take Waffle House over L'Auberge any day.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Gee, I wonder which one that is Pam??
Sure wish I could try it! Is your sauce sweet or garlicy?
The sauce is a garlicky/slightly sweet/ spicy ........ spicy enough that I HAVE to eat my pasta with garlic bread.

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We don't have many "mom and pop" type restaurants around my area, but we do have quite a few owned by locals that REALLY delicious. We have a great bakery, a great dinner spot by a local airport, and quite a few yummy breakfast joints!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like both, but honestly I would rather my DH go pick up dinner and bring it home. I have become some kind of recluse I think

Otherwise when I am feeling normal my fav place to go is a place a woman named after her dog that she found wandering in that exact location so she built a restaurant there and named it after him, he passed away last year and they had his pic up with a black ribbon, then she got a new dog and named the lounge/bar area after her new dog .

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I like both, but honestly I would rather my DH go pick up dinner and bring it home. I have become some kind of recluse I think
Oh I didnt know that was a choice
Thats my choice, too!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like both probably equally. I'm kind of all about what kind of food a place serves...so whether it's fancy-shmancy, or mom & pop, as long as the food is worth it, I'm all about eating there!