Confused about Points and Gifts

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, I'm trying to buy gifts for some people, and I'm lost. I'm on the page where I can buy them but... what ARE they??? What would someone like? I know the ribbons stand for something, but do the gifts stand for something as well?

HELP!!!

I have about 300 points to spend on each person (I'll update later and say "who" and "why")... what would YOU want if you were going to get a gift???

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can pick a gift from the drop down and they have what ever message you give them when you buy them. I bought myself a paw print cuz it's cute and this is a cat site. Oh, and you can buy them for yourself too. If I were to get a gift I like any of them because it's the gesture that counts. There's so many great members here too.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to click on the menu of gifts and then the full list shows. They are just what they are e.g. my pigs are just pigs, I like them so thats why I bought some and people got me some too

If someone likes coffee, there is a coffee cup that you can buy, if you want to congratulate someone, you could pick the champagne bottle or maybe some wine, its totally up to you and thats why is great fun

I think I´ll buy some cup-cakes for my pigs to eat next

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do all the gifts "cost" the same amount? The amount I'm seeing never changes.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rina_Marie

Okay, I'm trying to buy gifts for some people, and I'm lost. I'm on the page where I can buy them but... what ARE they??? What would someone like? I know the ribbons stand for something, but do the gifts stand for something as well?

HELP!!!

I have about 300 points to spend on each person (I'll update later and say "who" and "why")... what would YOU want if you were going to get a gift???
It's kind of hit or miss whether the gifts show up, they get sold out pretty quick so u have to keep checking to see if they restocked the virtual store. I'm sure your recipient will love whatever u pick out, once you see the actual gifts available you will have a better idea what to pick!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first time I bought a gift I was looking for hugs to buy, I really like hugging people, I couldn't find no hugs
So I buy candy hearts cause it is kinda sorta like hugging. At least I think it is kinda loving.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And now since I am gonna be a new grandmother, I wanna buy a baby, but there are none of those there either.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

And now since I am gonna be a new grandmother, I wanna buy a baby, but there are none of those there either.
well I wanted something that isnt in the shop...........I wonder if we can put suggestions forward........what do ya think

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

well I wanted something that isnt in the shop...........I wonder if we can put suggestions forward........what do ya think
It would be nice, I would also love to see some new things too.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slightly off topic but can you buy gifts(like the ribbons and stuff) for yourself?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, one more question... how do the people I buy gifts for know they've got them? Do they just automatically show up at the top? If so, how do they know who it's from?

Sorry for the many questions, I'm soooo computer illiterate I'm a little lost!

PS. I just tried to buy a second item and it said I had to wait until 2:45??? What is that all about?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rina_Marie

Okay, one more question... how do the people I buy gifts for know they've got them? Do they just automatically show up at the top? If so, how do they know who it's from?

Sorry for the many questions, I'm soooo computer illiterate I'm a little lost!

PS. I just tried to buy a second item and it said I had to wait until 2:45??? What is that all about?
When you give a gift to someone, they get a PM (Private Message) stating that you have given them a gift.

There is about a 5 minute wait between each gift you buy.

If you have any other questions, there are a few help threads in the TCS Support/Announcement Thread.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Slightly off topic but can you buy gifts(like the ribbons and stuff) for yourself?
I think you can, I just hardly buy anything for myself ever, I like giving presents to other people though.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, you can. With the gifts, just put your own User Name in the "Recipient" box

And you can only buy ribbons for yourself. You cannot give them as gifts

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

course you can, I bought 2 of my piggies.............they´re your points you can do what you please - go spend & have fun

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've tried giving gifts to people and buying things for myself and they're always gone when I look