Oh my, oh my, oh my!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This might not seem like a big deal to most of you, but I just walked into my bedroom, and JinJin was curled up on my bed & on my pillow!

This is a huge deal for her! She's an ex-feral who is still pretty skittish. She doesn't sit on laps, sleep on my bed, or any of that. This is the first time she has ever slept on my bed!
It just gets to me when she does these little things that make her more and more a housecat, and less and less like a feral.
Things that might be annoying in another cat is endearing in her. I almost ran for the camera when I saw her on my dining room table earlier this week!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww!!! That is great!

I remember waking DH up one night because I found Mocha curled up between my legs!! DH wasn't quite as happy as I was though. Mocha normally lives under our bed and comes out at night!
It's been a year and half and getting better and better.

It's the little things that count!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful! Knowing where JinJin started....this is huge! You must be so proud of her!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful Kelly!!!, having an ex-feral as well I know what a huge step that is for Jin Jin to take!

I'm sure it's the first of many more

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!! You're doing so well with her. It takes many years for the ex-ferals to come around, but it's so rewarding when they do. We had a little guy at the shelter called Pickett. When Pickett came to us, he would hiss and spit at us, sometimes lunging to attack. Other times, he'd just totally hide up in our soc attic (where all of our ex-ferals live right after they come to us).

Well, he came around with us after SEVERAL months of hard work to the point where he'd let us touch him occassionally. Some people, I believe volunteers, were so taken with him that they took him home. 2 years later and I'm happy to report that Pickett is a little lap-hog and loves to be picked up!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

This might not seem like a big deal to most of you, but I just walked into my bedroom, and JinJin was curled up on my bed & on my pillow!

This is a huge deal for her! She's an ex-feral who is still pretty skittish. She doesn't sit on laps, sleep on my bed, or any of that. This is the first time she has ever slept on my bed!
It just gets to me when she does these little things that make her more and more a housecat, and less and less like a feral.
Things that might be annoying in another cat is endearing in her. I almost ran for the camera when I saw her on my dining room table earlier this week!
It's so nice that she is feeling so comfortable and loved with you to be taking these steps!!! Comgratualtions!! Maybe next week she will pull all of your clothes out of the dresser and sleep in them!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you!!!! That happiness starts at your toes and works its way all the way up to your head.

Oh that is wonderful.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful thing! Ivo isn't feral, just stray, but I remember how happy I was when she started sleeping on my bed