I almost got wacked!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to lunch an hour ago and on my way back from the Library I was stoped at a light near work which is beside a petro station. The light just turned green and all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see this car coming out of the petro station like a bat out of Heck.
I stoped just in time it came within inches of my car. It went across 2 lanes of traffic and smashed into a street sighn. Then this guy comes running after the car. I was too preoccupied with the shock of almost having my car demolished to realize that the car had NO DRIVER!

I am still having a bit of a heart attack... I think I need a valium or somthing.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG how scary is that! Thank God you are ok! That could have been really nasty. Thank God the car didnt hit anything but a street sign. I wonder what the guy was doing to not realize. That kind of irresponsibility could have cost a LIFE!

patch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, I would have been terrified.. A run away car?
Okay, joking aside, that is really dangerous, I'm glad you and the other drivers around you are okay.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is scary! Glad your ok

My car ran away from me once... The emergency break malfunctioned and it took off, actually ran over my leg, went down a hill, across 2 lanes of traffic, a median, 2 more lanes of traffic, then stopped when it crashed into a fence! Fast forward two years, there was a recall of the vehicle for a malfunctioning emergency break!

(all this to say, maybe it wasn't the guys fault and was an accident)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

That is scary! Glad your ok

My car ran away from me once... The emergency break malfunctioned and it took off, actually ran over my leg, went down a hill, across 2 lanes of traffic, a median, 2 more lanes of traffic, then stopped when it crashed into a fence! Fast forward two years, there was a recall of the vehicle for a malfunctioning emergency break!

(all this to say, maybe it wasn't the guys fault and was an accident)
True. I didnt even consider that

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you are ok! I bet it makes you take a few extra seconds at every stop sign and light from now on!!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, thank God you're alright.

Can you imagine being that man and coming out of the station and seeing his car driving off without him?
He probably thought someone stole it.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! It's a really good thing you were watching your surroundings! That could have been very bad if you weren't watching!
That poor man must be scared outta his mind, I'm just glad his car didn't hit anyone. I hope he wasn't just be irresponsible.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!! Thank goodness you're ok! Well done for seeing it coming!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I went to lunch an hour ago and on my way back from the Library I was stoped at a light near work which is beside a petro station. The light just turned green and all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see this car coming out of the petro station like a bat out of Heck.
I stoped just in time it came within inches of my car. It went across 2 lanes of traffic and smashed into a street sighn. Then this guy comes running after the car. I was too preoccupied with the shock of almost having my car demolished to realize that the car had NO DRIVER!

I am still having a bit of a heart attack... I think I need a valium or somthing.
Wow!!! That's scary!! If I had a valium I would send you one!

Something else had to be wrong, cars don't idle fast for it to be going to fast like that... He almost had to have somthing that fell onto the gas pedal! Good thing you are a quick thinker with keen eyes watching whats going on around you!