What Am I Going To Do When The Time Comes Y'all?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Howdie everyone...
As some of you might recall, sweet Mia is my daughter's (Naomi) kitty. They moved in with us last August and since then...well, as you can imagine, I've become waaaaay too attached to Mia. Thing is, both Naomi & our son (Alex Jr) plan on moving back out on their own soon. Of course, Naomi will be taking Mia with her. What am I going to do? I've tried weaning myself off of her...but its no use...I just love her too much y'all! What do I do? How do I handle this??? Its going to be hard enough watching my kids go again...but this time is going to be even harder.

Naomi took this pic of sweet Mia & I one morning last week when we had all that cold, icy weather.

What am I going to do y'all?

Hilda >^..^<

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really tough. With my foster I usually just keep it in my mind that they will be leaving. Then when they do I have a couple good cries and then say ok they have a good home. And thats it. You will get to see her again. Dont worry. I love that pic BTW. I have an idea.... Get a new kitty from a shelter!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

That's really tough. With my foster I usually just keep it in my mind that they will be leaving. Then when they do I have a couple good cries and then say ok they have a good home. And thats it. You will get to see her again. Dont worry. I love that pic BTW. I have an idea.... Get a new kitty from a shelter!
i agree with her about getting another kitty
but it is going to be very very hard, but the good thing is that u have us here supporting u and helping u through that proccess whenever it happens
just enjoy the time u have with her now
Just tell ur daughter u want visiting rights
!!!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, head to the local animal shelter. Some kitty there will tug on your heartstrings! (So many sweeties there who deserve a good home like yours.) You can console yourself that Mia is in a loving home and you can visit her.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no advice - I'm in the same situation. Our daughter is talking about getting her finances in order and then leaving the nest to attempt flying on her own. She says her Mika will go with her. I say she can't take Mika away now that Bijou, her Dad and I have all grown to love her so. Bijou would be so lonely and miserable, I know I'd miss her terribly and even hubby is very attached to her. At the same time I know she is Jen's kitty and Mika knows Jen is her meowmy so it's going to be very hard for all of us.

I could see us getting another kitty - more for Bijou than us since he's the one who is going to miss having the company all day while we are at work.

I guess the only advice I can suggest (for both of us) is to enjoy every day we have with them and try not to think about it. The good part is that since they are with our children, at least we can visit. Mika is so good in the car that I'm sure Jen would bring her to visit whenever she comes (which I imagine will be fairly often
as "mom" does a lot for her).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I have no advice - I'm in the same situation. Our daughter is talking about getting her finances in order and then leaving the nest to attempt flying on her own. She says her Mika will go with her. I say she can't take Mika away now that Bijou, her Dad and I have all grown to love her so. Bijou would be so lonely and miserable, I know I'd miss her terribly and even hubby is very attached to her. At the same time I know she is Jen's kitty and Mika knows Jen is her meowmy so it's going to be very hard for all of us.

I could see us getting another kitty - more for Bijou than us since he's the one who is going to miss having the company all day while we are at work.

I guess the only advice I can suggest (for both of us) is to enjoy every day we have with them and try not to think about it. The good part is that since they are with our children, at least we can visit. Mika is so good in the car that I'm sure Jen would bring her to visit whenever she comes (which I imagine will be fairly often
as "mom" does a lot for her).
Thank you so much, it helps to know I'm not alone in this. The one saving grace is that she will be with Naomi and not with someone else. Elora will get to rest for a while too...but I'm sure she will miss her lil' buddy as well. Even my hubby (who is by no means a cat puurrson) has grown so fond of Mia...it will be hard for everyone. (did you notice how similar the names are??? Mika..Mia???)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions & support...I'm sure everything & everyone will be ok. I know it'll be hard for me but I know it would be harder for Naomi if I ''insisted'' that she leave Mia here...its for the best.

Loves y Hilda-hugs to everyone...
>^..^<

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish I had some advice for you, but I don't other than what other people have said. I just want to say, though, that that is a BEAUTIFUL picture of you with Mia! Is Naomi a professional photographer?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! No, she isn't. In fact, this was the best one she took and it was very dark. My brother in law did the lightening up of it and made it sienna coloured...very nice. He's the pro...has all sorts of camera equipment and set ups...does some great stuff!

Thank you!

Hilda >^..^<

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the picture!!

I agree with what everyone said. Go to a shelter and find a new cat that will help ease the process of Mia leaving. Or if you don't perminently want a cat, take in a foster.