What do you usually eat for breakfast?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still breakfast time around here, and I was wondering what most people have.

My husband has hot cereal with raisins, every day that he's not travelling.

I have a slice of sprouted bread, toasted, and Earl Grey tea with honey. Sometimes I'll add an egg or a grapefruit.

On the weekends, sometimes I'll make whole-wheat blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and scrambled eggs on the side. I wash and freeze the blueberries from the summer, so we can eat them in the winter. Yum!

What do you usually eat?

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually John adn I have Strawberry Toaster Struedels. But this morning I made us Blueberry Waffles, eggs, bacon and toast.

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is sprouted bread?

I breakfast on eggs most of the time. This morning I made an omelet with spinach, swiss cheese, and a few bacon bits.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am at work, I eat a bag of popcorn every morning (wierd huh?)
on the weekends though, I go all out--- potatos, eggs, bacon all the goodies

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually either oatmeal or cold cereal. Today it was Cheerios with sliced banana and soymilk. And coffee with sugar or Splenda and soy creamer, always.

I like to do interesting things with my oatmeal, personally. My favorite combinations are sliced banana and walnuts (tastes like banana nut bread) and blueberries and maple syrup (tastes like blueberry pancakes).

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends, this morning i made my self eat a big bowl of cereal!

But sometimes just biscuits with tea or toast with tea, or fresh bread with cheese or cold meats (german breakfast)

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ErinandSeamus

What is sprouted bread?
I was wondering that too

During the workweek I will eat oatmeal or cold cereal and on the weekends we'll have a big egg, sausage (or bacon) and potatoes breakie

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not much of a breakfast eater... but I have to have something in my stomach so I can take my vitamins, so I drink Carnation instant breakfast.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast? What is this strange thing you speak of?

Just kidding. I usually don't eat breakfast. I'll grab a cup of coffee or a Coke. Sometimes if I wake up hungry I'll grab a pop-tart, a muffin, or some yogurt too.

patch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't really eat breakfast either, the only time I eat it is very rarely on a weekend. The thing is, when I get up for school at 7am, the first, second, third, fourth or fifth (etc) thing on my mind is not to eat.. just the thought of eating at that time makes me want to puke.

If I do have it, I usually just have cereal or toast

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im not a big breakfast eater. I usually have coffee and I LOVE to eat breakfast food for dinner.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
...Nothing. I really have to change that, now I am usually starving by 10. When I wasnt pregnant i'd go home at midday and eat.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always have a coffee and 2 pieces of toast with vegemite. Occasionally, I will go to one of my favourite restaurants with some friends from work and have eggs benedict. yummers!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately it has been an english muffin with butter or turkey lunch meat. Yummy and filling. Glass of water to drink!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by semiferal

...I like to do interesting things with my oatmeal, personally. My favorite combinations are sliced banana and walnuts (tastes like banana nut bread) and blueberries and maple syrup (tastes like blueberry pancakes).
I'm going to try those!

We used to go to a little cafe in Austin and have potato and egg breakfast tacos with salsa and black beans. I can't see to duplicate them, no matter how I try.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't use to be a breakfast eater, but lately I'm trying to eat more in the morning and for lunch, so I'll eat a smaller dinner. So, I'll have a bowl of Special K with a tsp of sugar (gotta have the little bit of sweetness), a cup of OJ and some fruit. Either a banana, apple, or canned peaches.

Then I'll drink water the rest of the day (I've stopped drinking pop), and have veggies for a snack before lunch.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toasted bagel with peanut butter or just butter.
Eggs on the weekend or pancakes