Phantom is getting spayed in the morning!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad. Tonight I will have to lock her in the office with only water and her litter box (toys too). That way I can get a fresh fecal sample and keep her from eating over night. I know she is going to cry all night long. So can you all spare some feel better vibes for my girl tonight?

puppycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
poor baby. well i must ask why you have to lock her in a room to keep her from eating. Can't you just pick up the food? oh wait, I guess you have other cats in the house or something? Good vibes to your kitty! it'll be over before she knows it. I have a dog being spayed as we speak.. I can't wait to go pick her up

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, poor sweetie! She'll be ok very soon. Lots of hugs & kisses for her

I noticed that you said you were giving her water. When we got Mia spayed, they told us no food or water after 11:00 the night before. I thought that was pretty standard stuff.

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lady said no food only what I think. She is Austrailian and sometimes I don't understand everything she says. I will call her later to be sure!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, good idea. Either that or you could check out their own website. The place we took Mia had a website with all of their instructions on there so you could read them or print them out. Or maybe, they can send you an email with all the proper instructions...just to be on the safe side for sweet Phantom

Hilda >^..^<

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Many good }}}VIBES{{{ heading towards sweet Phantom

It'll all be over and done with in no time and I'm sure your Meowmy will have a yummy treat for your return home
I hate having to not let them eat. Nazumi thought he was dieing when he couldnt feed him.
to Phantom.

puppycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
water is ok to have. Its a vets preference of whether or not to give water during fasting periods. So if your vet says no water, follow the instructions but if your vet says water is ok, thats fine too. But the reason food is not given is because they will just throw it up after being sedated. sometimes this is true with water but only if they sit there and gulp it all down.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They said on ther website that water can be removed the morning of the procedure so it should be fine.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by puppycat

sometimes this is true with water but only if they sit there and gulp it all down.
I'm thinking that maybe if there is no food available, they might do just that...gulp down their water. Best to check with the vet to be sure.

Hilda >^..^<

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good vibes going out to Phantom, most spays go fine without any complications and I'm hoping this will the case with Phantom

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Awww, poor sweetie! She'll be ok very soon. Lots of hugs & kisses for her

I noticed that you said you were giving her water. When we got Mia spayed, they told us no food or water after 11:00 the night before. I thought that was pretty standard stuff.

Hilda >^..^<
I worked at one of the major veterinary surgery and referral centers in the region and their standard policy for pre-op patients was no food after midnight but we always allowed them to have water.

I am sure Phantom will forgive you for everything very quickly! And thanks for telling us about this cos I love to celebrate spays and neuters!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many get Vibes going to Phantom and you. I remember how nervous I was when Maggie got spayed & how hard it was for her to be away for 24 hours. Just a little tip when you bring her back. She will not smell right to the other kitty. My boys kept looking at her & as soon as they sniffed her they would hiss. It was like "You look like my little sister but you sure don't smell like her. Get out of here you imposter."

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Good vibes going out to Phantom, most spays go fine without any complications and I'm hoping this will the case with Phantom
you may want to have the vanilla handy for when she comes home... that way she & Phenom will smell alike
all of my girls were running around the next day like nothing had happened.
that Phantom has the same response

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I dropped Phantom off at the vets this morning. They are sooo nice in there. The records my vet faxed me hadnt been updated with all her FIV and Distemper shots. They called to verify. Then told me to call after 2 to check on her and that I could pick her up tomorrow. I love seeing the resident cat too. He is this HUGE thing. So sweet! He lays on the counter and won't move!
I will let you all know how she did when I call this afternoon!