buttons brought me a present

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, what a wonderful gift! Yes, it is! Smile and thank him and coo all over his hunting prowess.

Then thank your lucky stars it was in one piece.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Thank god Trout just eats things she kills..LOL..just bugs mainly
My Lily is the mouse killer in the house. She's really nasty about it though. She eats the tail and back legs and then lays it on my bed for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it was whole fortunately.... but he was throwing it around. no blood nothing, but it was fresh so i knew he hadnt found a poisoned one and claimed it hehe. He also just burnt his nose on my little brother's birthday candles, singed his whiskers. usually its Dice bringing in birds, but gosh I am proud of him!

It's just scary to think that he got it from under MY house.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caterpillarpie

...He also just burnt his nose on my little brother's birthday candles, singed his whiskers. usually its Dice bringing in birds, but gosh I am proud of him!...
Sounds like you have your hands full!

Sparkle brought in a very dead rat once. I kept smelling something very bad. I had to mop the floor after I found it because she was batting it all over the kitchen. Still, it's better than half dead, half alive critters brought in...

I like it best when they drop their toys in our shoes.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always panic when Radar finds a mouse as I worry that it might be poisoned by a neighbour, if I were the OP I'd give buttons a treat and sneak the nasty rat into the bin. I'd also make sure I cleaned up to avoid fleas

I do feel proud when he catchs stuff though

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this reminded me of a kitty I had when I was little, she was quite the accomplished hunter and loved to share

The worst was when she'd bring in live gophers, mice, and moles and leave them in the bathtub. My mother would usually scream when she found them

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewe freaky gross, Kitters brought daddy a mouse once while we were sleeping but she forgot to kill it first and let it go in the bed!!! She's not so much the killing type!!! Ewe...

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lucky you!
I remember our old Cat Smokey, he was an indoor/outdoor cat.
When we got our puppy Storm (RIP) Smokey brought offerings of dead barn rats and rabbits to the front door for 2 weeks. I think it was his way of saying "WHAT DID I DO!?.... i'm sorry!"

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

My Lily is the mouse killer in the house. She's really nasty about it though. She eats the tail and back legs and then lays it on my bed for me.
Ewwwwww

I remember when I was a kid and I lived on a farm for a couple months with my grandparents. Almost every morning at breakfast, my grandmas cat would bring a mouse up to the patio door which was in the dining room. And we wouldn't let her in at that point because she only wanted to bring it inside. So then she would proceed to eat the mouse right there infront of us. Breakfast is done now for me, thanks Kaleencha

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B told me when we first started dating that one of their cats growing up (he was on a farm) would place a dead mouse every morning on the pillow. So when he woke up in the morning, breakfast was served.
(I know really
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be glad your kitty didn't decaptiate it first.
When Velvet was a kitten she brutally broke into my gerbil's cage while i was at school (it had locks, weights and everything to keep her out of it- but she figured out a way to burst the top in and get him. She decaptiated the poor fellow and left blood EVERYWHERE - all over my room. It was like she was a serial kitty killer. I looked down when i walked in my room (keep in mind i was only 11 at the time) and saw blood everywhere and then upon further inspection- only 1/2 of a gerbil!
She ate his head off and left the rest.
Uhhhhh! Talk about a nice present to leave behind
I threatened her for her life and i swear she's never done it again lol...RIP Squeakers!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger is notorious for birds. When he was inside/outside, he would catch birds in mid-flight
and drag them in the house as a peace offering for peeing on the rug

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Awww, what a wonderful gift! Yes, it is! Smile and thank him and coo all over his hunting prowess.

Then thank your lucky stars it was in one piece.
lol yea, i once, had a kitty drop a headless mouse on my chest when i refused to look up how reading a book