Spam e-mail

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I´ve had it now, most mornings I get between 8-10 spam mails. Now that might not sound a lot but it bugs the hell outta me

So I´ve decided to get a anti-spam programme, any recommendation folks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

We use Cloudmark Spamnet and we love it! Not terribly expensive and we've found it to be very effective.
It is a yearly fee, but considering it is constantly updated by reports from all it's users, we think it's worth it.

http://www.cloudmark.com/homeoffice/
oh thanks for the info..I´ve downloaded the trial, so we´ll see how that goes

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to set my email on the highest junk mail filter. I must get about 20 per day.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep 2 email addresses, one for when I sign up for things and another for legit emails.

I check the spam email account about once a month.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My University of Alberta email account is the only account I have that I dont get at least 10 spam mails a day from. My Shaw (ISP) account, which I activated when I signed up, then NEVER USED (EVER, I dont even know what the address IS without looking it up) and I logged in in December to over 2000 spam messages. And that was in less than 4 months!!!

I have yet to find a good spam blocking program that doesnt block non-spam emails as well, but I usually use gmail which does a really good job of filtering spam (still though, they insist that ChemBio News is Spam about every other newsletter)