sick cat update(teddy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He looks worse then yesterday...i just have gut feeling im going to lose him
waiting for vet shes trying to figure out way to work me into the day. hes just sitting and stares at water-my liver failure cat did that...I know hes not eating much and him being overweight hes going to be prone to that. this cant happen i just lost a cat in october. ok sorry for going on i just dont know where else to turn

puppycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats what we are here for so vent away. I am so sorry to hear your kittys not well. I hope the vet can see you today. Please keep us up to date. Good luck

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope the vet can get to see your kit today !
heres whizzing some mega-healthy get well ((((((
vibes
))))) for Teddy and some
for you.
Keep us posted

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, don't we always think the worst?

You hang in there until the vet gets a chance to let you know how good or how not good it is.

If you need shoulders, ears, arms for hugs, we are all here for you.

Hugs and kittykisses from KittenKiya's Clan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
made the appt for 130 at another vet(reg is crammed as is) after phone call i figured take him out as he wants to go(begging at door) soon as the light hit him i saw hes yellow-liver failure...going to put him to sleep at 130 and im just losing it right now. he would turn 10 march 27. i had another cat put to sleep for liver-and was told at that stage very little we can do...even with all the care no guarntee...so I think im making right choice-my other cat dusty went into a coma so i am hoping teddy can make it oh guys...........tahnks for the support and all i know i can turn here and you understand.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no, I am very, very, sorry to read the latest, but you wouldnt want Teddy to suffer...............we are all here for you

Mega (((((
vibes
)))))) to help you get through your day

puppycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
kitty prayers and kisses to you and teddy. Just read the latest. But maybe the vet can shed some light unless you know in your heart it is time to let him go so he is not suffering. I am soooo sorry

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, please get the vet's advice before making any decisions. Jaundice can be liver disease (serious but potentially treatable) or it can be something else like gallbladder disease, which is painful but almost always treatable. Hopefully it's something that can be managed.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really hope it's nothing as serious as you think!
Please find out what is really wrong with Teddy before jumping to any conclusions....I mean, even if you can only give him a few more good weeks, those weeks will be well spent.
I wish you luck with this decision.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I really hope it's nothing as serious as you think!
Please find out what is really wrong with Teddy before jumping to any conclusions....I mean, even if you can only give him a few more good weeks, those weeks will be well spent.
I wish you luck with this decision.
Me too, let the vet check him first anyways, then go from there.

Sending prayers from Mississippi for you and Teddy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well just got in...vet agreed it was time so with a single shot teddy slipped away...still purring.....I don't normally do it but cause he was pretty weak i took him in car with out being caged...I brought along a cage jsut in case but when we walked into the vet there was no one there and since i gave heads up they were all ready--they were so good and he was sorta out already so me and sis kep talking to him and he jsut left. thank you guys really helped last few days.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.

Sweet Teddy -- RIP darling.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Teddy. When you are ready please post a tribute to your kitty in the Crossing the Bridge Forum. I'll close this thread now. RIP dear Teddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.