My poor Lilly there's

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something wrong with her and I think Tiny too Lilly came in last night and was rubbing her bottom on the floor and I was thinking she was wormy but then this morning one of the two small dogs and I think it was Tiny had an accident and it has blood in it. I have an appointment for Lilly for the vet tomorrow. Please give my baby girl some vibes. She is such a sweet little dog. I am very worried about her. I am going to have my dad take Tiny too I can't manage all three of them at the same time. And if they are wormy I am not sure where they got it because they are in a fenced in yard. But I didn't think I would find blood in their stool if it was just worms. So if you could please spare my Lilly a few vibes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. She goes to the vet tomorrow. So I will find out for sure tomorrow just pray its worms and not something more serious. She has had her shots but even the vets say that sometimes they can still get stuff. And when I see blood in ther stool my first thought is parvo.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending many vibes to you and Lilly {{{
}}}
Please keep us updated

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sending lots and lots of healing and feel better soon vibes
I hope everything goes ok at the vet tomarrow, keep us updated
I do know how u feel tho with the blood in the stool my black lab jasmine had that over the summer and I didnt sleep till we went to the vet
so I am definetly sending lots and lots of vibes {{{
}}}

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lilly has had her shots but she is due that's why we was going to the vet in the first place. But the parvo scares me because the shots are due. Thanks for all of the vibes. I don't know what I will do if its something besides parvo because we have 5 dogs well 7 counting the two at my uncles next door and money is a bit tight right now. So I really hope that my girl is okay. I just don't know of anything besides parvo that causes the blood.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Something wrong with her and I think Tiny too Lilly came in last night and was rubbing her bottom on the floor and I was thinking she was wormy but then this morning one of the two small dogs and I think it was Tiny had an accident and it has blood in it. I have an appointment for Lilly for the vet tomorrow. Please give my baby girl some vibes. She is such a sweet little dog. I am very worried about her. I am going to have my dad take Tiny too I can't manage all three of them at the same time. And if they are wormy I am not sure where they got it because they are in a fenced in yard. But I didn't think I would find blood in their stool if it was just worms. So if you could please spare my Lilly a few vibes.
Sorry the pups arent feeling well. Rubbing there but on the floor is a sign on impacted (or full) anal glands. My Buddy has to get his expressed every other month or else they get infected and bleed. So It might be that. Anyways sending some good health vibes their way.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got my fingers crossed that it's nothing serious for the poor puppers!

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Lilly has had her shots but she is due that's why we was going to the vet in the first place. But the parvo scares me because the shots are due. Thanks for all of the vibes. I don't know what I will do if its something besides parvo because we have 5 dogs well 7 counting the two at my uncles next door and money is a bit tight right now. So I really hope that my girl is okay. I just don't know of anything besides parvo that causes the blood.
Try not to worry... there are lots of things that can cause blood in stool. Hookworms could cause blood in stool and she might have bloody stool if she were impacted. She could also have eaten something sharp (like a bone) and the sharp edges cut her internally. The fact that she's dragging her bottom on the floor makes me think it's something like a blocked anal gland, or an impaction. What color is the blood and how much of it is there? Are her stools loose, or firm? What color are they? Is she having any other symptoms? Let see if we can't narrow it down to a possibility less frightening than Parvo and go from there.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers from Mississippi, I hope they get to feeling better, let us know what the vet said.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rina_Marie

Try not to worry... there are lots of things that can cause blood in stool. Hookworms could cause blood in stool and she might have bloody stool if she were impacted. She could also have eaten something sharp (like a bone) and the sharp edges cut her internally. The fact that she's dragging her bottom on the floor makes me think it's something like a blocked anal gland, or an impaction. What color is the blood and how much of it is there? Are her stools loose, or firm? What color are they? Is she having any other symptoms? Let see if we can't narrow it down to a possibility less frightening than Parvo and go from there.
Well the stool had so much blood that it was black and it was kind of slimy sorry this is so gross. But it was loose but not like what I am used to seeing in worms. I gotta call my vet in the morning and ask if I can bring the three inside dogs and we will go from there. the blood was a dark red and the stool was black. which I guess is what scared me because when I see black stool with blood in it that frightens me because with my line of work that normally means you are going to loose your patient but it might be different with dogs. I hope so. I know dad said Tiny has been under the weather some lately. I am just so worried about my girls.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well the stool had so much blood that it was black and it was kind of slimy sorry this is so gross. But it was loose but not like what I am used to seeing in worms. I gotta call my vet in the morning and ask if I can bring the three inside dogs and we will go from there. the blood was a dark red and the stool was black. which I guess is what scared me because when I see black stool with blood in it that frightens me because with my line of work that normally means you are going to loose your patient but it might be different with dogs. I hope so. I know dad said Tiny has been under the weather some lately. I am just so worried about my girls.
You're a good mom for being such a worry wart!
Let us know what the vet says. I'll keep sending {{{get well soon}}} vibes!

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

You're right, that doesn't sound like worms or an impaction problem. Parvo would normally be associated with other signs, though, so I wouldn't think that was the cause.
I wish I could say "oh, that sounds like a simple case of ____" but it doesn't sound like any of the more typical problems I've seen in our foster dogs. How are they acting? Please keep us updated.