Fertiliser

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time in the Cat Lounge there was a thread on making cat poo into fertilser...I can't find the thread!!

So, anybody have any ideas on how to make cat poo into fertiliser? I use wood based clumping litter called Oko plus (love it!) and with 13 kittys, the poo should be recycled dontcha think?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know here in the States (and I think I've read in the UK garden mags) that cat and dog waste is not recommended for use as fertilizer due to toxoplasmosis that cats can have, worms, etc. It definately won't be used on edible crops.
That being said I know my cats use my perennial gardens and veg garden as a litter box (eek!!!)

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I know here in the States (and I think I've read in the UK garden mags) that cat and dog waste is not recommended for use as fertilizer due to toxoplasmosis that cats can have, worms, etc. It definately won't be used on edible crops.
That being said I know my cats use my perennial gardens and veg garden as a litter box (eek!!!)
Exactly. I wouldn't use it at all.

Hilda >^..^<

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Once upon a time in the Cat Lounge there was a thread on making cat poo into fertilser...I can't find the thread!!

So, anybody have any ideas on how to make cat poo into fertiliser? I use wood based clumping litter called Oko plus (love it!) and with 13 kittys, the poo should be recycled dontcha think?
I'm sorry but

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If any one wants any pony poo I could post it to them! I am drowning in it! I put it into large plastic bags and leave it to rot, but they do make so much!