TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Cover me ladies and gents...I'm going in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cover me ladies and gents...I'm going in.

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
So Brian and I have officially lived in our apartment for a year this week. There are still boxes that have never been unpacked. There are 3-4 in the bedroom, and I actually have a japanese screen in our dining area covering up 5-6 more.

Some of it is paperwork that I just need to create a filing system for. I do enough of that at work, so the last thing I want to do is touch my OWN paperwork when I get home.

Some of it is Brian's "goodies". He is such a packrat. Anyway, I'm hoping to organize his important and super sentimental stuff and get it out of sight.

Honestly, some of the boxes I don't even know what is in there.

Anyway, this is my plan. One box a night. TWO a night if it takes me less than 30 minutes to deal with the first one. I think I can get it done in a week's time. Maybe by next weekend I can take what I've deemed unnecessary with our other HUGE stack in our bedroom of charity items to the Goodwill down the street and get that out of my apartment as well.

Hold me to it guys! Don't let me slack off!
post #2 of 24
dont slack off, im holding u to this now as long as u dont let me slack off on school work we got a deal now no slacking off u better get started
post #3 of 24
Get to work woman! You'll have it done in no time!
post #4 of 24
That is a very sensible arrangement!

You can do it, TCS vibes care bear stare!
post #5 of 24
that sounds like a good plan You´ll be done in no time

one thing ..........oh I love opening boxes, maybe you could tell us what you find........awhh.......go on.....pleezze
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooficat View Post
that sounds like a good plan You´ll be done in no time

one thing ..........oh I love opening boxes, maybe you could tell us what you find........awhh.......go on.....pleezze
That's not a bad idea! Maybe pick one really funny thing a night to post about, so we can rib Brian for his packrattiness. Obviously only do this if it makes it more fun, not if it makes it more of a chore.

(Plus, then we'll know for sure that you really did do a box that night).
post #7 of 24
I feel for you! I have been here seven months now and I have boxes all over the place. Some of htem have been in store and I have not seen the insides for six years! But although I have started getting my books and library in order there are so many things I can't unpack until my kitchen is installed. And I don't yet have a wardrobe in my new bedroom (I am sleeping in what will be a guestroom) so my clothes are mostly still in boxes. Fortunately I live in old jeans here anyway. Moving is horrible, I am sure you agree.
post #8 of 24
haha! You wouldn't happen to be related to my friend Guy in Detroit now would you?

I went to visit him in 2003 and he had been living in his apartment for more than a year. OMG! One of the bedrooms was being used as a storage room and he had so many boxes sitting in there that he never unpacked. Plus he had boxes in the dining room, on the kitchen stove and in the living room.

He couldn't get time off work while I was there, so I used my time during the day to unpack his stuff, clean his apartment and literally do over 50 loads of laundry (I'm not kidding! I did laundry 12 hours a day for 3 or 4 days!!! One load after another!). Some of the unpacked boxes had dirty laundry that he had stuffed in boxes at the old place when he was moving.

I've never seen anything like it!!!! LOL
post #9 of 24
Here's get the job done vibes coming your way.
I HATE to unpack things too by the way.
post #10 of 24
Glad it's not just me

Good luck!
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
haha! You wouldn't happen to be related to my friend Guy in Detroit now would you?

I went to visit him in 2003 and he had been living in his apartment for more than a year. OMG! One of the bedrooms was being used as a storage room and he had so many boxes sitting in there that he never unpacked. Plus he had boxes in the dining room, on the kitchen stove and in the living room.

He couldn't get time off work while I was there, so I used my time during the day to unpack his stuff, clean his apartment and literally do over 50 loads of laundry (I'm not kidding! I did laundry 12 hours a day for 3 or 4 days!!! One load after another!). Some of the unpacked boxes had dirty laundry that he had stuffed in boxes at the old place when he was moving.

I've never seen anything like it!!!! LOL
OMG, that's hysterical! You're really a true friend.
post #12 of 24
I always think if I didn't have my current profession I would become a professional organizer-I would have those boxes unpacked and put away in no time!!
post #13 of 24
We've been here two years, and there are still a few boxes in the basement
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooficat View Post
that sounds like a good plan You´ll be done in no time

one thing ..........oh I love opening boxes, maybe you could tell us what you find........awhh.......go on.....pleezze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satai View Post
That's not a bad idea! Maybe pick one really funny thing a night to post about, so we can rib Brian for his packrattiness. Obviously only do this if it makes it more fun, not if it makes it more of a chore.

(Plus, then we'll know for sure that you really did do a box that night).
You guys have a deal. I'll start a strange things in the boxes thread after I get started tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
I always think if I didn't have my current profession I would become a professional organizer-I would have those boxes unpacked and put away in no time!!
Come help me Gail! Plleeeaase!?
post #15 of 24
Before you start unpacking, make sure you have some place for the items to go, like a filing cabinet, storage containers for memorabilia, etc. It's also motivational to have those containers/places ready for the stuff!

I also bring in the recycling bin, and a big trash can, so it's very easy to unpack and sort. (Actually, I do it before I pack.) Good luck!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
post #16 of 24
Aaaarrgh!!! Same situation here, we've been leaving here for over a year and it took me approximately eight months to find my (still unplayed) PS2
Having ten days off next week and hoping to get some of my boxes sorted as well as the spare room ready for Sonic
post #17 of 24
I've only once moved & that was across the driveway to the newly built house. I can't say I know the feeling, but I'd be more than happy to be your cheerleader!

C'mon Emily you can do it!!! Unpack those boxes! Go! Go! Go! Find some toys for Anya in there! Woo-hoo!! Am I a dork or what?!?!
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily_325 View Post
You guys have a deal. I'll start a strange things in the boxes thread after I get started tonight.
Cool! Can't wait to see what you find.
post #19 of 24
OMG you are a slacker
post #20 of 24
I had a few boxes in my storage room that I FINALLY went thru last weekend.... we've been here almost 2 years! It was all crap that I obviously didn't need anymore, so ended up throwing it out anyways!

Good luck!
post #21 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
OMG you are a slacker
I totally am. I'm so disappointed in myself.

What am I saying? I love my slacktasticness.

And what would you do with yourself all day at work Nat if I didn't post about all the crazy stuff I'm gonna find in these boxes?
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily_325 View Post
I totally am. I'm so disappointed in myself.

What am I saying? I love my slacktasticness.

And what would you do with yourself all day at work Nat if I didn't post about all the crazy stuff I'm gonna find in these boxes?
OMG Emily, I love it!!... "slacktasticness" is the BEST word I have ever seen..I am totally using that
post #23 of 24
I am quite slacktastical myself!!!!

Can't wait to see what you discover in your boxes!!!
post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
OMG Emily, I love it!!... "slacktasticness" is the BEST word I have ever seen..I am totally using that
Go for it Nat. Us slacktastic women have got to stick together!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Cover me ladies and gents...I'm going in.