TA DAH....Tucson had SNOW!!!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to admit it, it was pretty. It actually snowed here in Tucson, Arizona......mixed in with rain but enough so that you could see the white of the snow.

Made the news.....WWOOOHHHHOOO!!!!

Thank God it stopped. Now we are back to rain, but there is a promise of some REALLY cold weather tonight so if there is ice on the streets tomorrow, I'm staying home from work. I don't have snow tires.. HE HE HE

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow in AZ? Thats wierd! Send some more my way- the 10 inches we have here just isnt enough!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I had talked about moving to Flagstaff because we liked the idea of seeing the Grand Canyon from a ski lift- but if Tucson gets snow

That is pretty great though. Who would have thought you'd get snow in the desert! My sister-in-law was stationed in Tucson and loved it. She has us sold on Arizona. How awesome is it that you can ski on one end, drive a few hours, and be in the desert.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The ironies of life. My husband's cousins from Minnesota are headed down to Arizona today. They were commenting on not having any snow at home. Looks like they will have it there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'll tell you, I should have kept my mouth shut. I posted that it had stopped, thank God.

Yeah, right. We got a half inch of "it stopped" and it is beginning to freeze. I think my cactus is dead, I know all my little trees are leaning over onto the ground, and if that jerk who is riding around trying to squeal his tires ( on snow for crying out loud) doesn't stop, I going to throw a snowball at him.

Course with my luck I'll get arrested.

Boy I hope we don't get any more. I may REALLY miss work tomorrow if this stuff freezes. No one know how to drive in this stuff and it has been 15 years since I drove in it living in New Hampshire.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

DH and I had talked about moving to Flagstaff because we liked the idea of seeing the Grand Canyon from a ski lift- but if Tucson gets snow

That is pretty great though. Who would have thought you'd get snow in the desert! My sister-in-law was stationed in Tucson and loved it. She has us sold on Arizona. How awesome is it that you can ski on one end, drive a few hours, and be in the desert.
I know for a fact that Flagstaff gets snow. I drove through there one winter and the mountains were covered with snow. It was beautiful. Kind of reminded me of Colorado.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOOOHHHOOOOO.......we made CNN!!!!

"Rare Snow Storm Surprises Arizona"

WOOHOO.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well enjoy your brief encounter with snow-what are your temps there??

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Temp was about 24 degrees this morning. Everything is frozen.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a "hard" freeze at 28!! Damage depends on how long they temps stayed below that number. Some plants are probably gone most should snap back though.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nasty,nasty, nasty. It started to rain, around 4 pm yesterday. I left home, on the north-central side of town, about 5, to go to Roy's house. Just as I hit the off-ramp, to his far southwest side place, it started to snow but, it wasn't sticking. By the time that I got the next 10 miles, to his house, it had turned back to rain. Needless, to say, he and I stayed snuggled in front of the family room and bedroom fireplaces, all night long.

This morning, my car was covered in snow and I don't own an ice scraper. Thank goodness, Roy had a putty knife handy. We left his house, at 6, for what is normally a 15-minute drive to the airport. Due to icy roads and bridge closures, we had to take a MAJOR detour - the trip took 2 HOURS!

After dropping him, I got home OK, with only one minor detour. There is no snow on the ground, at my house and the sun came out, at around 8:45. We have snow warnings, until 5 pm and schools are closed, all over southern AZ. At 8:30, it was snowing again, near my office. I am going to work today but, if the weather locks down again, I'm leaving early, to make sure that I get home safely.

At least, I don't have it as badly as Roy - he's headed for Philadelphia and then on to Cleveland.