burning breast pain

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
arghh... For some reason my boob is like burning like I have heart burn inside my boob. It is in the area around a fibroadenoma. I have never had a burny feeling breast until now. I am worried and in pain.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go get a mammogram this week sweetheart
Just to be on the safe side- you must go see your doctor and have an exam as well as a mammogram- don't let it wait.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get it checked out if it persists it could be nothing but it also could be serious, I hate to scare anyone but there is somthing called inflamatory breast cancer. It does not involve a lump but it is an inflamation of the breast tissue. You can look up information on it online. I work for the Cancer Society so I only have that as a reference. It could just be a pulled muscle I've pulled a muscle across my breast bone and it is agony.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine burn all the time now. I asked my doctor she wasnt to worried and said alot of times thats a sign of a hormone peak.
So she said mine was just from high hormone levels. It usually happens in the morning. But sometimes last all day. So I feelyour pain. I remember when I was about to start my period I would have the same pain. Maybe thats it.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give your doctor a call in the am, you'll feel better if you get this checked out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Go get a mammogram this week sweetheart
Just to be on the safe side- you must go see your doctor and have an exam as well as a mammogram- don't let it wait.
Ive been to docs about the lump. I have had it for about 6 years now. I went to lady doc to get the pill and she wouldnt prescribe them until I had it checked. by a surgeon.

Basically its not biggie to have it taken out but doesnt have to be done at the moment. I keep having to go back to this surgeon just to have it looked at . I think when I go back to him in the spring I will tell him to take it out. They can do it in the office.

If the burning persists I will go to the doc tuesday. I am thinking of not taking my bc pills or my medicine I got when I went to the doc tuesday this week. I was thinking maybe something in combination I took today didnt agree with me...

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LoveMyBabies

I had mastitis once and it burned like that
It was so, so painful. What is a fibroadenoma?
it s a hard benign lump in breast tissue.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
If i ever lay on my breast wrong or something pinches it etc, i only get that burning pain around or during my period. I dont know if that helps. But do go see a doctor as it is worrying you alot.

I actually have a question about the lumps in the tissue. I have large breasts and im wondering how do i find a better way to do a self breast check? There's so much tissue that it all sort of feels funny when you press down. Does that make sense?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you think it's a medicine combination that could be causing it, then you can always call the doctors office and ask if it should be causing this type of thing to happen and see what they think you should do.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dont_eat_bambi

Ive been to docs about the lump. I have had it for about 6 years now. I went to lady doc to get the pill and she wouldnt prescribe them until I had it checked. by a surgeon.

Basically its not biggie to have it taken out but doesnt have to be done at the moment. I keep having to go back to this surgeon just to have it looked at . I think when I go back to him in the spring I will tell him to take it out. They can do it in the office.

If the burning persists I will go to the doc tuesday. I am thinking of not taking my bc pills or my medicine I got when I went to the doc tuesday this week. I was thinking maybe something in combination I took today didnt agree with me...
I'm sorry you're having so much pain. I'm glad to hear you've had it looked at
Thats good. Just watch it like a hawk sweetie- those things can change without much notice. If the pain persists- definitely go to the doctor this week to have it checked out. ((((((((vibes)))))) Keep us posted! I hope you feel better soon! Is there anything you can take for the pain/inflamation? I would definitely have inflamatory breast cancer and other issues like that ruled out at your next exam (not to scare you at all- i just saw a program on the news a few nights ago about it- i had never heard of it before and thought it was worth mentioning.) I'm sending lots of good vibes and prayers your way! Perhaps you could run a warm bath and soak your chest in the water a bit or put a heating pad or ice pack on you for a little bit?

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

If i ever lay on my breast wrong or something pinches it etc, i only get that burning pain around or during my period. I dont know if that helps. But do go see a doctor as it is worrying you alot.

I actually have a question about the lumps in the tissue. I have large breasts and im wondering how do i find a better way to do a self breast check? There's so much tissue that it all sort of feels funny when you press down. Does that make sense?
I m not sure. I have like the average C cup. I think you are supposed to raise your arm up above your head to feel for lumps and push in from the sides.

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I'm sorry you're having so much pain. I'm glad to hear you've had it looked at
Thats good. Just watch it like a hawk sweetie- those things can change without much notice. If the pain persists- definitely go to the doctor this week to have it checked out. ((((((((vibes)))))) Keep us posted! I hope you feel better soon! Is there anything you can take for the pain/inflamation? I would definitely have inflamatory breast cancer and other issues like that ruled out at your next exam (not to scare you at all- i just saw a program on the news a few nights ago about it- i had never heard of it before and thought it was worth mentioning.) I'm sending lots of good vibes and prayers your way! Perhaps you could run a warm bath and soak your chest in the water a bit or put a heating pad or ice pack on you for a little bit?
my boyfriend thought that maybe I had gotten something on it and it was something on the outside making it burn so I wiped it off a little and a warm washcloth did make it feel better for a second. I dont know it drives me insane to take more than five minutes in the tub...it would feel good though....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I m not sure. I have like the average C cup. I think you are supposed to raise your arm up above your head to feel for lumps and push in from the sides.
You know what ladies-I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for my ultrasound! So while i'm there, i'll ask about the proper way to do a breast exam on a larger busted lady while i'm there tomorrow so we can all figure it out
/ I have seen these little pink gel things at Walgreens Pharmacy the last few times i was there- they're supposed to help you examine the tissue better-but i wanted to see what the doctor said before i bought one. I'm a D cup- so i've yet to figure out the proper way to do one yet
So i'll be sure to ask for all of us tomorrow! Hopefully she'll have some good tips

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

my boyfriend thought that maybe I had gotten something on it and it was something on the outside making it burn so I wiped it off a little and a warm washcloth did make it feel better for a second. I dont know it drives me insane to take more than five minutes in the tub...it would feel good though....
Well, maybe if it's only for 5 or 10 minutes you could tolerate it if it'll help!
If not though- do you have a heating pad or a hot water bottle you can use? I hope you feel better soon

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Well, maybe if it's only for 5 or 10 minutes you could tolerate it if it'll help!
If not though- do you have a heating pad or a hot water bottle you can use? I hope you feel better soon
I dont own a heating pad yet always need one.