oh i am about to cry

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my laptop that hubby got me..and just arrived this week is already not working! we have always had such good luck with refurbished and this is just pushed me over the edge. he contcted the person he bought it from but hasnt heard back yet.

it was working fine last night and all of a sudden i went to start it and its making a horrendus noise like something inside the computer is lose or something...i am so upset. they better contact me!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

my laptop that hubby got me..and just arrived this week is already not working! we have always had such good luck with refurbished and this is just pushed me over the edge. he contcted the person he bought it from but hasnt heard back yet.

it was working fine last night and all of a sudden i went to start it and its making a horrendus noise like something inside the computer is lose or something...i am so upset. they better contact me!
Check the fans that cool the microprocessor, maybe one of them is rubbing against the case.
Are you or husband mechanically inclined? It's easy to open the case to laptops and access the fans.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Check the fans that cool the microprocessor, maybe one of them is rubbing against the case.
Are you or husband mechanically inclined? It's easy to open the case to laptops and access the fans.
I am, but i have no idea which panel i would open on it, and i dont know if i should muck with it if that would ruin a replacement here. its an IBM thinkpad. what panel would i open?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a shame! If you just got it, I'd be contacting the company and see what they will do about it rather than trying to mess with it yourself! Good luck!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man.I'm sorry you're having bad luck with it already!!!Hopefully it will be fixed SOON!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks guys keep those vibes coming. I have a call and an email into the seller. i hope they make this right. i am so grr right now.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope whatever is wrong with your computer is easy to fix. Not to scare you too much, but when the hard drive on my desktop computer failed several years ago the first symptom was a grinding noise. Good luck finding the problem.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jean44

I hope whatever is wrong with your computer is easy to fix. Not to scare you too much, but when the hard drive on my desktop computer failed several years ago the first symptom was a grinding noise. Good luck finding the problem.
thanks..i am not to worried because i fully expect them to replace it. because i havent even had the thing a week yet.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! And after he got you such a wonderful gift- lets hope you can get it fixed with no problems!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow those tcs vibes work. i went to fire up my laptop just to see if i could..and although it made some noise..it booted. so perhaps its the fan after all. I still have a call into the people though i dont think it should be giving me any trouble so soon.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

wow those tcs vibes work. i went to fire up my laptop just to see if i could..and although it made some noise..it booted. so perhaps its the fan after all. I still have a call into the people though i dont think it should be giving me any trouble so soon.
Good to hear its working okay- have you heard from the people yet?