Any Skating Fans Out There?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see a lot of threads about football and I'll be quite honest - don't understand the game even though my son played it in high school!

What do I love - in winter it's figure skating (summer is baseball)! The Canadian championships have just been on and Jeff Buttle was absolutely amazing in his long program yesterday! He got a new Canadian record (they said it would have been equivalent to all 6's under the old system). He is amazing, as is Joannie Rochette in the ladies! I can hardly wait for worlds!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love to watch figure skating, too. Even try to understand the new judging system.

Haven't watched it much lately and am even out of the loop as to who our best skaters are, but there is a (non competition) program on this afternoon.

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like skating, too. I also love gymnastics. Those are about the only kinds of sports I watch… that and anything having to do with horses (with the exception of racing.)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Love to watch figure skating, too. Even try to understand the new judging system.
Yep i admit i like to watch Figure skating. hmm but not the ice dancing thing they started a few years ago.

I blame it all on when i was in my teens, i made the mistake and took a couple of my mothers hormone pills.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Yep i admit i like to watch Figure skating. hmm but not the ice dancing thing they started a few years ago.

I blame it all on when i was in my teens, i made the mistake and took a couple of my mothers hormone pills.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rina_Marie

I like skating, too. I also love gymnastics. Those are about the only kinds of sports I watch… that and anything having to do with horses (with the exception of racing.)
I love to watch gymnastics too - and nothing can beat watching show jumping (Spruce Meadows is amazing)!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yippee - Dubreuil and Lauzon won the Ice Dance! We have a phenominal team for World's - get to send 3 in each of Men's, Ice Dance and Pairs and 2 in Ladies.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - but you have to wait 4 years in between them! There's a ton of great skating on every winter!

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love to watch it. I did ballet for 11 years so watching skating was the closest I could get to watching ballet! I always tune in to the winter Olympics for it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to watch it, but usually only watch during the Olypmics, I love watching Gymnastics too!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a football fan, but I also like figure skating. I loved Michelle Kwan, and when she lost at the Olympics, I felt worse than I will if the Patriots lose this game tonight.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like skating, though I'm really more of an ever-four-years-at-the-Olympics fan. I'm a big fan of Mao Asada, though - she's beyond gorgeous.

Gymnastics is my sports obsession of choice.