Anyone else snowed in?

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sunday and it's snowing outside. I guess in Ohio 2 inches of snow is a big deal (lots of winter advisories and such, people telling you to stay home). I don't have snow tires on my car (just all seasons), and I don't trust myself to be driving around out there in snow (been driving.... oh... 6 mo?), so stuck at home with Shami, had some breakfast, watched a movie... anyone else stuck at home and bored cuz of the snow?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh two inches is hardly anything but if you haven't been driving for a long time its a bit of a challenge to drive in!! You need to drive slower (no talking on the phone), and leave more distance between the cars.
Here is Wisconsin the highway depts are also busy plowing and salting the streets when it snows to try to keep the roads clear.
We are getting snow now but advisories aren't issued until 4-6" are expected.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here, unless there is ice under the snow, advisories are not issued until there is alot more snow.

We probably got an inch or two over night, and they still haven't done the sidewalks yet and probably won't until we get more.

So business as usual here today

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow!!!

We woke up to about... 4 inches!

Its just light and fluffy stuff, its not too cold out- about 20*, but cold enuf!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have been stuck with snow packed mix with ice for about 10 days ... yesturday brought 8 inches and I stayed home ... Today I am waiting for it to heat up( over 20 ) and leaving and coming home suring daylight hours ...

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we're getting nailed with snow right now too...it's light and fluffy, and we have about 4 inches too. I'm not sure when it's supposed to let up...blah!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had some snow this morning but nothing to brag about so far. It already stopped and I hope it stays that way. I hate driving in it. Iowa drivers are nuts when it comes to snow, (no offense Wookie
) and they hardly plow in my neck of the woods.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw on weather.com that we're suppose to get more snow this afternoon.

YAEEEEEEE!!!!

Maybe we'll get snowed in??

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a sad, pathetic inch of snow. I actually miss the days when I lived in upstate NY and we would get 3 feet of snow in 24 hours! Nothing more relaxing than a snow day!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope, it's bright and sunny outside, and we're expecting a top of 64

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No we're not snowed in here, we got about 3 inches yesterday on top of the 3 we got on friday. Your all season tires should be fine for the snow. I know mine are. Today I think we are getting a break then it's going to pick up again tomorrow. The lake is not frozen so that means we will get pounded in the next few months. Is it spring yet!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not yet. We are under a winter weather warning and to expect a mixture. Last night we apparently got some rain and sleet, but nothing is falling right now.

I can live without snow and ice. Honestly.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

We had some snow this morning but nothing to brag about so far. It already stopped and I hope it stays that way. I hate driving in it. Iowa drivers are nuts when it comes to snow, (no offense Wookie
) and they hardly plow in my neck of the woods.
No offense taken! I actually think we tend to be a bit better at the winter driving than many of the states that hardly EVER get the snow, however. If they get one little inch, accidents galore!!! Try driving in a foot or more of snow, with white-out conditions, freezing rain, and a sheet of ice on the road. When I was a kid, I remember winters where there was a good 2-3 feet of snow on the ground during the winter...AWFUL!!! We would literally be stuck, cars buried, and it would take an hour and a half to drive something that would normally take 20 minutes. Thank goodness it hasn't been that bad the last few years!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

No offense taken! I actually think we tend to be a bit better at the winter driving than many of the states that hardly EVER get the snow, however. If they get one little inch, accidents galore!!! Try driving in a foot or more of snow, with white-out conditions, freezing rain, and a sheet of ice on the road. When I was a kid, I remember winters where there was a good 2-3 feet of snow on the ground during the winter...AWFUL!!! We would literally be stuck, cars buried, and it would take an hour and a half to drive something that would normally take 20 minutes. Thank goodness it hasn't been that bad the last few years!
Would that have been in the late 1970s? That's when we really had some bad winters here. Luckily my dad was an excellent driver and got us all to work and the university when we had to get there.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have snow, but ICE!!!! So, I am not going anywhere today unless I HAVE to.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Would that have been in the late 1970s? That's when we really had some bad winters here. Luckily my dad was an excellent driver and got us all to work and the university when we had to get there.
No, like early to mid 80's. Terrible winters...blech!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I remember those winters. I'm tellin' ya, IA drivers, I swear look forward to this stuff. Me? I could take it or leave it. I'm not an IA bred girl. I'm from NY and though I like where I am now, I would give it up to go back to NY.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

We got a sad, pathetic inch of snow. I actually miss the days when I lived in upstate NY and we would get 3 feet of snow in 24 hours! Nothing more relaxing than a snow day!
I could have written that post! lol

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're actually getting some snow tonight. They forecast 1-2" with 'a thin layer of ice on top' possible. YUCK! I wanna stay home till spring!!!

I'm orriginially from upstate NY so I've seen plenty of snow, but fortunately or unfortunately, we moved before I was old enough to drive in it!