Taking lessons at 8-Bit Academy of Naughty Kitties?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got woken up last night at around 2, 3:30, 4, 6, 6:30, 7:30, and again at 9:30 this morning, which was when I gave up trying to sleep.

The reason I woke so often? Ferris has turned teenager at 8 months old.

He got into the kitchen closet last night, more than once, and I was awoken a couple of times by the sounds of plasticware and cans crashing to the floor.

Another time, he found a wand toy made with raffia, and dragged that about 60 feet into my bedroom and was playing with it on the floor next to my bed. All the rustling woke me up. I took it away from him and went back to sleep, only to be awakened by the sound of my humidifier (I still have pneumonia) crashing to the floor in my bedroom in several pieces. Arrgghh.

After that, I locked the cats out of my room - I am still NOT feeling well, have no sick days left at work, have to run a candle party today whether I feel good or not, and needed to get as MUCH rest as possible last night. Hah!

The last and final time he woke me up was to the sound of a gigantic crash in my office, adjacent to my room, and I came out of my bedroom to find my three foot tall cactus lying broken on the rug, needles, dirt and pebbles EVERYWHERE. This cactus has inch long needles, and I had to take a knife to it to clean it up and TRY to rescue some of it. It took a half hour for me to do the clean-up, with me deep coughing away the whole time.

My drunken, hung-over roomie didn't even BOTHER to come out of his room - and I don't blame him, I used every single colorful word I know.

I have told both kitties, in no uncertain terms, to stay the heck away from me this morning - I have claws, too!!!

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I have told both kitties, in no uncertain terms, to stay the heck away from me this morning - I have claws, too!!!
Oh my! I don't even know what to say to all that! I hope you have a better night tonight!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, never fear, folks, as much as I have an innate desire/fantasy to drop-kick kitties today, I am not a mean person by nature and my rages are short-lived, verbal rather than physical, and are quite controllable.

This too, shall pass. LOL.

I just wish that he'd chosen a time to act out like that when I wasn't so very sick and exhausted.
Thanks for letting me vent here.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been in similar tribulations myself. And fought the urge to drop kick the perpetrators!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Pneumonia - or any respiratory infection - is no fun.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG my cats were so bad last night, too! Ive had about 9 hours of constant broken sleep. As I type this they are laying so comfortably in their cat beds, sleeping!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orange tabbies seem to get into the most trouble. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that. Reminds me of my Harley...if there is a door to open, he WILL figure out how to open it! He even learned how to turn on the water faucet at our old house...just so he could watch the water (and run up our bill!). You have my sympathies. Hope you feel better soon.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lay down and have a nap this afternoon.

From reading your other thread, it seems that all is forgiven and that you and Ferris are already on good terms again

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my kitties has been a REAL PAIN this weekend too - waking us up way too early and getting into all kinds of trouble. She's over 2 years old though, so she can't use kitten-ness as an excuse.

Sorry you had such a rough night/morning - hope you feel better soon!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh oh...ummmm Ferris darling...if i were you..i'd hide before your meowmy squishes you like a little bug!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris only woke me up once last night, when he decided to play on my bed at 4:30 this morning. I shut him out of my room, and got uninterrupted sleep until my alarm went off, and when I woke up, I found nothing amiss.