Getting A Kitty Condo Tomorrow!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The homeowner who's roof were doing has 2 kitty condos. I asked out of curiosity how many cats they had. He said just one and she doesn't even use the thing.
I said "Well, If you're not using one, I'll be happy to buy one from you". He told me to take my pic and not to worry about paying it!

It needs a couple of wood screws to stablize it and one part of the carpet replaced and thats it!
I think the Brats will looooove it! It even has hidey-holes to get away from Jake

I'll post before and after pics of it tomorrow.. I'm going to make it a little project

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats really great. i would really like to get one, but not alot of room here.
and itta says they cats dont need one, since they seem to love to climb on me

and take lots of pics when you get it.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You always find the BEST bargains!!!! Cant wait to see those babies in their new condo!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! That's terrific. My hubby is in the process of building one for our babies as we speak. He's been at it for several weeks (did I mention he's a perfectionist). I'll take pictures of it when he's finished. So far it has cost us almost $300 in supplies to make it, but it has two different shades of carpeting and I bought some upholstery fabric for the inside of the two "houses". He has made two platforms for them to sit on so they can watch the world go by. I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along actually but didn't expect it to cost quite so much.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome news! The kitties are gonna love it
You have to take before and after pictures for us to see

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Wow! That's terrific. My hubby is in the process of building one for our babies as we speak. He's been at it for several weeks (did I mention he's a perfectionist). I'll take pictures of it when he's finished. So far it has cost us almost $300 in supplies to make it, but it has two different shades of carpeting and I bought some upholstery fabric for the inside of the two "houses". He has made two platforms for them to sit on so they can watch the world go by. I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along actually but didn't expect it to cost quite so much.
That's how it goes at our house too
We could live in the doghouse and cat trees....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's sitting on the front porch right now. I need to clean it up a bit from sitting in thier garage and replace a small peice of carpet on it along with tightening a screw or two.. I would say it might take me a couple hours and that's it
I'll post a pic in a few

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was really nice of him!
My kitties are jealous!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to invest in a new kitty condo I wish I new someone that had one that didn't use it. I am saving up a bit I'm thinking by next month I might ba able to afford one.
Post pictures when you get it all set up.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here it is... Mind you it needs to be cleaned up and a new piece of carpet on the top but all in all, ya can't beat free!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats awesome. My lil brother is still working on mine. Your getting yours for free! How big is it?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Thats awesome. My lil brother is still working on mine. Your getting yours for free! How big is it?
Hmm.. I haven't measured it yet but I think it's about 3 1/2 feet tall... I think

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just vacuum it out and put a pillow at the top! How cool, they are going to LOVE IT!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Just vacuum it out and put a pillow at the top! How cool, they are going to LOVE IT!!!
I was thinking that myself... I mean I have some leftover fabric from some barstools and a piano bench I recovered so I could use that and staple it down right over the carpet. I'm hoping with income tax I can get a floor to ceiling one