TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Getting A Kitty Condo Tomorrow!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Getting A Kitty Condo Tomorrow!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

The homeowner who's roof were doing has 2 kitty condos. I asked out of curiosity how many cats they had. He said just one and she doesn't even use the thing.
I said "Well, If you're not using one, I'll be happy to buy one from you". He told me to take my pic and not to worry about paying it!
It needs a couple of wood screws to stablize it and one part of the carpet replaced and thats it!
I think the Brats will looooove it! It even has hidey-holes to get away from Jake
I'll post before and after pics of it tomorrow.. I'm going to make it a little project
post #2 of 17
Wow, that's great!!! I'm saving up for one myself!
post #3 of 17
thats really great. i would really like to get one, but not alot of room here.
and itta says they cats dont need one, since they seem to love to climb on me

and take lots of pics when you get it.
post #4 of 17
You always find the BEST bargains!!!! Cant wait to see those babies in their new condo!
post #5 of 17
Congrats and I bet the Brat gang will love it!!!
post #6 of 17
Wow! That's terrific. My hubby is in the process of building one for our babies as we speak. He's been at it for several weeks (did I mention he's a perfectionist). I'll take pictures of it when he's finished. So far it has cost us almost $300 in supplies to make it, but it has two different shades of carpeting and I bought some upholstery fabric for the inside of the two "houses". He has made two platforms for them to sit on so they can watch the world go by. I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along actually but didn't expect it to cost quite so much.
post #7 of 17
That's awesome news! The kitties are gonna love it You have to take before and after pictures for us to see
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Wow! That's terrific. My hubby is in the process of building one for our babies as we speak. He's been at it for several weeks (did I mention he's a perfectionist). I'll take pictures of it when he's finished. So far it has cost us almost $300 in supplies to make it, but it has two different shades of carpeting and I bought some upholstery fabric for the inside of the two "houses". He has made two platforms for them to sit on so they can watch the world go by. I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along actually but didn't expect it to cost quite so much.
That's how it goes at our house too We could live in the doghouse and cat trees....
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
It's sitting on the front porch right now. I need to clean it up a bit from sitting in thier garage and replace a small peice of carpet on it along with tightening a screw or two.. I would say it might take me a couple hours and that's it I'll post a pic in a few
post #10 of 17
That was really nice of him! My kitties are jealous!
post #11 of 17
I need to invest in a new kitty condo I wish I new someone that had one that didn't use it. I am saving up a bit I'm thinking by next month I might ba able to afford one.
Post pictures when you get it all set up.
post #12 of 17
Sweet Deal!!
post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Well, here it is... Mind you it needs to be cleaned up and a new piece of carpet on the top but all in all, ya can't beat free!




post #14 of 17
Thats awesome. My lil brother is still working on mine. Your getting yours for free! How big is it?
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4crazycats View Post
Thats awesome. My lil brother is still working on mine. Your getting yours for free! How big is it?
Hmm.. I haven't measured it yet but I think it's about 3 1/2 feet tall... I think
post #16 of 17
Just vacuum it out and put a pillow at the top! How cool, they are going to LOVE IT!!!
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Just vacuum it out and put a pillow at the top! How cool, they are going to LOVE IT!!!
I was thinking that myself... I mean I have some leftover fabric from some barstools and a piano bench I recovered so I could use that and staple it down right over the carpet. I'm hoping with income tax I can get a floor to ceiling one
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Getting A Kitty Condo Tomorrow!