I'm a dork!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya know something? I am a true to life dork!
I for the last year thought that on my last birthday turned 39. well for some reason, I'm aging myself. Either that Or someone is playing a cruel trick on me. Since my last b-day I've been telling people I'm 39 when honestly I'm 38 and will be 39 THIS birthday! HOLY MOLY! What a dork I am! What is wrong with me? DO I want to get to 40 that bad or what???
btw: I was born Dec 68 that's why I'm such a dork.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Don't worry I do it too...all I know is that I'm not 30 yet! Although this year it'll happen.

I really more or less lost count after 24/25

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I for the last year thought that on my last birthday turned 39. well for some reason, I'm aging myself. Either that Or someone is playing a cruel trick on me. Since my last b-day I've been telling people I'm 39 when honestly I'm 38 and will be 39 THIS birthday! HOLY MOLY! What a dork I am! What is wrong with me? DO I want to get to 40 that bad or what???
Okay TRUE Story:: I did the same thing when I was 38 I have no idea why either!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

You're not alone Barb!!!
July '68 here and I keep telling people I'm 39 too!!!

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Age is all relative. Don't get your knickers in a twist. 38, 39, whatever. I wish I had that dilemma!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I don't think you're a dork - bad at math but not a dork. For some reason I didn't want to be 22 - The whole year I said that I was almost 23, but never 22.

Now, it is too much to figure out how old I am.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know the older you get, the more you have to think about how old you are! I always forget........have to work it out from the year of my birth! Oh, God, please save me from Midheimers!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I forget my age for a few seconds and I'm half your guys' age.
Add me to the dork list.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Thats awesome, you gained a year!!
I wonder if I am secretly 24..
Ya know something sugar? You can have my gained year and I'll take your age! LOL!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, no, no - I don't want or need an extra year! I've only been 49, a little over a month and I'm not ready for 50 yet (although, I already have my red/purple hat
).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

What a great birthday present - you're a year younger!!
Ya know something? I never thought of it that way. Thanks for the ego boost. Here's to being a year younger on your birthday!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm slowly but surely approaching 30...I turn 29 on July 2nd. I've heard that 30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30, so perhaps this can't be all bad.

Yeah, and what it is with all of you born in '68?

I raise my glass to Midheimer's too...apparently this is a real phenomenon!

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s so funny! I'm really horrible at remembering things like this, too. I've often given the wrong number as my age. In fact, BOTH my husband and I forgot our 5th year anniversary last year. It never even occurred to us until HIS MOTHER called and asked "did you have a good anniversary?"
And not long ago, husband and I had a huge debate one night regarding the birth date of our oldest daughter. I thought it was Dec. 29, he thought Dec. 28th. Finally in frustration he said: "I'm calling my Mom. She'll know when Anayah was born!" OH NO YOU DON'T!!! I had to go searching through my records to find something with her birth date on it! Turns out, my husband was right!

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rina_Marie

And not long ago, husband and I had a huge debate one night regarding the birth date of our oldest daughter. I thought it was Dec. 29, he thought Dec. 28th. Finally in frustration he said: "I'm calling my Mom. She'll know when Anayah was born!" OH NO YOU DON'T!!! I had to go searching through my records to find something with her birth date on it! Turns out, my husband was right!
Oh my goodness, I've done it again!!! HE thought it was Dec. 29 and *I* thought Dec 28th... I just got her birth date wrong WHILE POSTING ABOUT GETTING HER BIRTH DATE WRONG!!! Oh my. I'm going to leave now, before I make things worse.