He/she was obviously not a cat person....

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I get my groceries delivered. I'm originally a small town girl (population 500) and driving in Los Angeles is often just asking too much of me. Plus I'm an internet addict and the ability to shop for food online...

Anyway, I put my usual Fresh Step scoopable clumping cat litter into my "cart". When the guy delivers it they were out so they substituted plain jane Fresh Step CLAY NON-CLUMPING cat litter instead. I didn't notice until the delivery guy left.
Obviously whoever picked out my groceries was not a cat person and thought Fresh Step was Fresh Step. WRONG!

I tried to use it. But its just too messy. And the clay fogs something terrible. (Even Anya made a face as it fogged around her while she was trying to do her business) And it doesn't scoop.....ew. Tomorrow I'm dragging Brian to the store to buy some new. Wonder if I can donate this huge 20 lb bag to a shelter??

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that'd make me mad! And if little Anya even made a face... you know its not good!
I'd call a shelter and see if they would be able to use it, instead of just throwing it out, its worth a shot anyways

Will Anya use it until your able to get more tomorrow?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh that'd make me mad! And if little Anya even made a face... you know its not good!
I'd call a shelter and see if they would be able to use it, instead of just throwing it out, its worth a shot anyways

Will Anya use it until your able to get more tomorrow?
She's grinning and bearing it, so she'll make it to tomorrow. But her regular litter is really fine, and this is the huge clay pebbles. She keeps looking at me like, "Mom, what were you THINKING?! You want me to do my business in little sharp ROCKS?"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

She keeps looking at me like, "Mom, what were you THINKING?! You want me to do my business in little sharp ROCKS?"
LOL! I can just see Mooch acting the same in that predicament!

Hopefully you can find someone to take the yucky litter off your hands.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She's grinning and bearing it, so she'll make it to tomorrow. But her regular litter is really fine, and this is the huge clay pebbles. She keeps looking at me like, "Mom, what were you THINKING?! You want me to do my business in little sharp ROCKS?"
Well at least she understands, and isn't being a complete diva and not using it!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
definitely donate the clay litter you can't use to your local shelter! shelters are always in need of supplies
and you would be helping them out!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

That is so cool that you get your groceries delivered. Oh My, I would really never leave the house!
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG, getting groceries delivered actually makes me
I love it. The only thing that sucks about it is sometimes they try to stick you with items like, say, the milk that is JUST about to expire. I put a note on my order now that asks for expiration dates to be at least 1.5 weeks out.

Check your area stores. They may actually offer the service. I find that I SAVE money doing this, even with the delivery fee. Rather than being in the store and just grabbing things and trying to hurry to get out, I take my time to compare prices and look for the best deals. I can also check my cupboards and menu plan as I go. I use Albertsons, but I've heard other stores like Kroger do it too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I can relate!

Back in September of 2005 I fainted and broke my left foot in 3 places and dislocated 2 toes. I was told to stay off the foot completely and not put any weight on it whatsoever. They didn't put a cast on or give me an orthopaedic boot or anything. They just sent me home with crutches and those instructions.

I live alone and couldn't get out shopping. The Safeway near me will deliver but you need to go and shop for the stuff first, and I couldn't. After 4 weeks of ordering in every other day, I finally called Safeway and spoke to a manager and explained my situation. He made an exception and had someone call me and take down my grocery order and charged it to my credit card and had it delivered! They mostly got the order right with the exception of the cat litter!

I had requested the "Jonny Cat Scooping" cat litter. They sent me a huge huge back of the regular Jonny Cat litter. Yuck! But I wasn't going to complain to them because they went out of their way to help me when I needed it the most so I made the best of it and scooped out the wet litter the best that I could. Let me tell you that my cats were so happy when I was finally able to get to the store on my own and get them their regular stuff. lol

Just think at one time clay litter was all that we could buy. Now that there are options it's so hard to imagine having had to use that regular clay non scooping stuff.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow. I know. I remember my cat that I had when I was little, it was one of the only reasons I hating cleaning his litter box. That darn clay litter.
Thank goodness for the advances in modern technology huh?

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So I get my groceries delivered. I'm originally a small town girl (population 500) and driving in Los Angeles is often just asking too much of me. Plus I'm an internet addict and the ability to shop for food online...

Anyway, I put my usual Fresh Step scoopable clumping cat litter into my "cart". When the guy delivers it they were out so they substituted plain jane Fresh Step CLAY NON-CLUMPING cat litter instead. I didn't notice until the delivery guy left.
Obviously whoever picked out my groceries was not a cat person and thought Fresh Step was Fresh Step. WRONG!

I tried to use it. But its just too messy. And the clay fogs something terrible. (Even Anya made a face as it fogged around her while she was trying to do her business) And it doesn't scoop.....ew. Tomorrow I'm dragging Brian to the store to buy some new. Wonder if I can donate this huge 20 lb bag to a shelter??
That's about as bad as the time I bought a cat carrier and the guy thought it was a litter box

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Miss Anya.....having to use that yucky litter....her poor feet must her so bad. Meowmy, you should rub her sore paws!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to Petco and got new litter.

We also got a new litter box and bed for the new kitten. I hope she gets to come "home" soon!