This should NOT be funny, but it is!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so DH and I were roofing a flat patio deck today. Which means we use a high temp torch to put roll roofing on.
Well, about 1/4 of the way through it, his pant leg caught on fire... Not a huge flame or anything.. just a small smolder. He panicked like a little girl!
He started to take his pants off on the rooftop!
!!!!!
I calmy walked over, told him to hold still and grabbed both sides of the cuff and put it out. ( I have fire safety training ). He wasn't hurt or burned at all. But lord you would have thought he was!!!!!!

I just thought it was soooooo funny since I'm usually the one who panics and he's the calm one. If you were to hear him tell the story you would have thought his whole body was engulfed in flames! I mean seriously, it was not that big... It just caught the strings on his pant leg cuff..I know this shouldn't be funny, but it is.. He was SOO mad
at me because I laughed the whole time. He's since gotten over it and is laughin too. And they say WE'RE helpless women who panic over everything???????

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That has to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!
But you know, that doesn't surprise me. My dad is like that. He's all talk, but when something happens...lol He wanted ME to kill a roach one time because he was scared.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

that's hilarious!

I love it when men panic and start up like a little girl.
And then try to act all tough and macho afterwards!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was hilarious!

He didn't do the Macho Thing... He was telling a "fish story"... Ya know? The kind of story of "It was THIS big!!"

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

It was hilarious!

He didn't do the Macho Thing... He was telling a "fish story"... Ya know? The kind of story of "It was THIS big!!"
Why do guys always feel the need to exaggerate?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Ok so DH and I were roofing a flat patio deck today. Which means we use a high temp torch to put roll roofing on.
Well, about 1/4 of the way through it, his pant leg caught on fire... Not a huge flame or anything.. just a small smolder. He panicked like a little girl!
He started to take his pants off on the rooftop!
!!!!!
I calmy walked over, told him to hold still and grabbed both sides of the cuff and put it out. ( I have fire safety training ). He wasn't hurt or burned at all. But lord you would have thought he was!!!!!!

I just thought it was soooooo funny since I'm usually the one who panics and he's the calm one. If you were to hear him tell the story you would have thought his whole body was engulfed in flames! I mean seriously, it was not that big... It just caught the strings on his pant leg cuff..I know this shouldn't be funny, but it is.. He was SOO mad
at me because I laughed the whole time. He's since gotten over it and is laughin too. And they say WE'RE helpless women who panic over everything???????
I woulda been laughing too, in fact I was laughing when I read this

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big strong men..HA!!
Neil does not like toads or frogs at all. He once locked himself in the truck and would not get out until I showed him I had none in my hands or pants pockets!! And I got a new dress out of the deal too!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Big strong men..HA!!
Neil does not like toads or frogs at all. He once locked himself in the truck and would not get out until I showed him I had none in my hands or pants pockets!! And I got a new dress out of the deal too!!
Now THAT'S funny!