Is anyone else afraid to invite someone over for dinner?

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It seems that more and more often of late, every time I take a bite of nearly anything we cook it has CAT FUR in it!
I'm terrified to invite anyone over for dinner anymore, or bake any bread for friends, neighbors, etc. I can just imagine them biting into a nice LONG piece of fur!!!
Anyone else have this problem?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok when I have anyone over that is going to be eating, I clean and then have someone to come in and clean behind me, if its not really close friends and family. If its close friends and family they have to get over it, I have cats.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. We clean off the kitchen table and make sure there is no cat fur, and we can cook without fur because we try and keep Reeses off the counters/stove.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't actually know anyone (that I would invite over) who doesn't have at least a cat so they are all used to it!

Mine also don't really go in the kitchen at all (but they will try and mooch food from guests)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder - did anyone add fur to their Catitude recipes?

Really I don't see a lot IN the food...just everywhere else. Lately too I just see balls of fur float across the house...kind of like tumbleweeds.

That's the only thing that gets me embarrassed

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I wonder - did anyone add fur to their Catitude recipes?

Really I don't see a lot IN the food...just everywhere else. Lately too I just see balls of fur float across the house...kind of like tumbleweeds.

That's the only thing that gets me embarrassed
I have tumbleweeds too!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rina_Marie

It seems that more and more often of late, every time I take a bite of nearly anything we cook it has CAT FUR in it!
I'm terrified to invite anyone over for dinner anymore, or bake any bread for friends, neighbors, etc. I can just imagine them biting into a nice LONG piece of fur!!!
Anyone else have this problem?
nope, cause i never invite people over. They always seem to just show up with out being asked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

That's so funny. We used to have tumbleweeds until we got carpeting... now it just sticks to the carpet.
Our cats are constantly on the counters, and half the time they're on the counters WHILE we're cooking. So fur in the food is pretty hard to avoid. I only have one other friend who has animals, so most people we who come over for dinner wouldn't understand about fur in the food. That's why I like TCS... you understand all these cat crazies.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope not me! I LOVE to entertain!!!!! I get soo excited
I love to go all out and decorate/clean/cook before my guest come over and make it really fun

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm affraid that they will be allergic to them more than anything.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am...and I am also nervous to get people a drink here. I have a habit of blowing into the glass before I fill it just in case there is any fur in it..but company might look at me weird if I blow in their glass

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am meticulous about cleaning before I cook anything so that I don't get cat hair into foods. However, no matter how hard I try some usually ends up in it anyway

I don't care one way or another if it's just me, but when I have people over or am baking or cooking for someone else, I make double and triple sure that they aren't getting cat hair in their food. I always plan ahead when people are coming for dinner and I do an extra extra intense vacuuming to make sure that not only the visible cat hair is gone, but all of the loose floaty ones too that tend to fly and land in whatever I'm making, LOL Definitely no impromptu dinner parties at my home.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I am...and I am also nervous to get people a drink here. I have a habit of blowing into the glass before I fill it just in case there is any fur in it..but company might look at me weird if I blow in their glass
You are weird Nat that would just make everyone know what they were already thinking

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had planned to have a housewarming party for next saturday, but i had to cancel it!

But i am nervous about when people come over!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lately too I just see balls of fur float across the house....kind of like tumbleweeds. That's the only thing that gets me embarrassed
Oh with tiles floors we have a major problem with these, we called them "dust-bunnies"

You can sweep them all up but theres always one dust-bunnie that will make a grand entrance when we have guests
tough I say........

!! we got cats, cats got fur, fur makes dust-bunnies, get used to it !!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a major tumbleweed problem too. They grow faster the more you vacuum, so we just gave up!

We don't have anyone over because when we moved 8 months ago, we sold our dining table & chairs and we STILL haven't bought a new one!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't usually have anyone over for dinner. But I have never seen cat hair in my food or had a problem with it getting in it.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When people ask me what my home decoration "style" is, I usually say Mid-Century Modern Cat Hair!!!

Before I have a big dinner party I admit I freak out about the hair everywhere but I have to say the good old Dyson vaccuum really does seem to grab it all: my old vaccuum used to just push it around, it seems. And there's no shame in paying someone to come clean your house!! And then, relax because chances are your guests are enjoying the company and the food and not even noticing the cat hair! Oh, and if you REALLY want to make sure they don't notice that cat hair serve them a lot of booze