Any REALLY good cats out there?

ashley45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had a perfect cat that had no issues?

This site is full of lots of questions about problem behavior, but I was just wondering how many of you have had a cat who never had any problems?

raju

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyones cat is perfect to them if you ask me.
My kitten scratches me and stuff but i still think hes the perfect pet ever.
Thats just my opinion but people might think differently

I like the question though, nice and intersting thing to answer

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger is a VERY good little girl, extremely well behaved and ladylike.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my Sho is
As a kitten he rarely caused any sort of trouble and always listened when I said no. He doesn't scratch or bite, not even at the vet, and suffers through baths admirably. Even if he doesn't want to be held he'll never try to get out of my arms. The big lug is also as naive as a kitten

I've had two other cats that I've been really close to in my lifetime but none have been as gentle and humble as Sho.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No issues with my 2
Or with my previous cat.

I think it's just that people are more likely to post when they have a problem and want advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashley45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it's just that people are more likely to post when they have a problem and want advice.
Yeah, I understand that, and that's why this is such a great site. I don't have a cat, but am thinking of getting one and I'm just worried that I'll end up with one that goes to the bathroom all over and gets into stuff.

Its good to hear that there are problem-free cats. For those of you who have them, do you think its just their nature, or something that you did in raising them that made them be so well-behaved?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spooky I would say never had problems. If you are talking about medical.

Mental???? well all cats are nutty at one point in time

Charlie? He's very smart - only has to be told once or twice not to do something and he does listen

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you mean perfect in the way they behave, then I'd have to say that all four of ours are very well behaved.
Yes, it took a little while for Elliott to get used to the other three cats and they to him but we've never had litter box, scratching post problems or any kind of down right mean behavior from any of them.

Gracie and Lizzie do have a health issue (Feline Herpes) but I don't even see that as a major problem.
In their 6 years of life Gracie has only had one outbreak (that's what my Vet calls them ) and Lizzie has only had two.

They are our four little furbabies and we love them all!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaz is perfect in health and behavior.
She has given me 13 years of trouble-free companionship.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashley45

Its good to hear that there are problem-free cats. For those of you who have them, do you think its just their nature, or something that you did in raising them that made them be so well-behaved?
Sho was sweet and quiet from the begining, after his eyes opened he never meowed like the other kittens. He always prefered naps instead of rough play with his brothers and sister. In his case, quiet lazy kitten = quiet, fat lazy cat
Sometimes you can pick them out that way from the litter, but it's best to get the kitten or cat that is right for you, you'll know when you see and hold it

As for health, no one can foresee that, we have to do our best to prevent troubles and support our kitties when problems arise.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm certain it has nothing to do with how they were raised, or very little at least

Spaz is only 1 of 6 cats.
I have 3 boys and 3 girls.

All three boys are attracted to plastic and will pee on it if left in their reach.
Cassi, one of the females, is a former feral and is still learning where it's ok to scratch, she also over grooms on occasion.
Ivory has glaucoma, lost an eye at 4 month, and is a bit of a bully.

Two of my males go back and forth with dominance issues.

I wouldn't trade any of them though, their problems are all so minor.

keelyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've got a REALLY good cat! I got her when she was 2 years old, so I was able to find out about her personality and check she'd be happy in my home / lifestyle! A kitten would have been a bit more of a lottery!

She didn't get on with other cats and was v quiet / timid at the shelter - needed lots of her own space - which was perfect as I work full time. She's such a sweetie - no behavioural issues at all (touch wood).

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sadie is a mischief maker...
she wants to get into everything.
Dexter follows her.
My babies are perfect cats.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Quill is a very well behaved boy, and he knows it. There are times when he will play with everything in sight and swat your heels, but in general he's a good kitty. The only minor problems he's having are that he gets matted easily and there are some "phantom poos" on the floor at times. But so far he's been healthy and quite happy.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So fr no problems with my cat Da-Ku and he is 2 years old I think. No problems with Kinks and she is 4. umm...no problems with Pwne either and she is 5. The others have only had little things, worms, 2 had crystals/UTI/peeing problems, other has anal gland control issues (gross)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats are well behaved, but Missy is really perfect. We always say she's no trouble at all. From the day she walked through our window she's been a delight.