Smilie Question

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So how come the "box" of smiles that comes up at the right hand side of the thread box keeps changing.......the hearts have gone ! I know you can get them when you click on "more" but my pop-up blocker isnt very keen on these little boxes opening, so it takes ages for the full list to download.
Do you just have to remember the actually thing and type it out yourself, theres so many I cant remember them all and I like to use different ones

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I know it changes all the time, maybe it picks the most popular ones that are clicked from the list?
I had noticed the same thing and come to the same conclusion. Earlier in my time here, I also had performance issues that made bringing the whole list up a serious nuisance, and what I did was accept the nuisance once and then print the list, and just have it handy, so I could type in the code instead of having to click.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I had noticed the same thing and come to the same conclusion. Earlier in my time here, I also had performance issues that made bringing the whole list up a serious nuisance, and what I did was accept the nuisance once and then print the list, and just have it handy, so I could type in the code instead of having to click.
That is a good idea, it usually doesn't cause me any problems (other than firefox opens it in a weird shape box that I have to resize) but it would probably be easier and I tend to just type the ones I use all the time anyway

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To be honest, I have no idea even where to find the smilies. I never use them, but if I wanted to, I couldn't.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that too.
I always assumed that the 12 most popular stayed on the side and when one starts to get used less it goes onto the "More" link.
I use the
alot, but notice it'll be there one day and gone the next...so I just type out the code!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've noticed it, too, so I alternate between the "smiley box"a nd the "smiley file" I have stored at Photobucket. The lazy person's solution!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that sometimes when you type in the code, it shows up as the code. I've then gone back to check to make sure I typed it properly and I did! As well, once we go through the trouble of clicking for the full list and waiting for it to load, it would be nice if we could minimize it as another window to keep it accessible. I've tried to do this, and it closes automatically as soon as I post.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just click the minimize button on the smilie box and it shows up as a window on my taskbar. I use Firefox and would think it would work for all browsers- but who knows. Computers are strange at times.