URGENT, Need home for older Cat in Phila PA! She could be abandonned soon!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Guys, if anyone can give a home to Mommy a ~12 yr old orange & cream tabby girl who is in desperate need, please let me know. I wrote about her in the lounge, she is going to be "let out" if I don't find a home for her. The boy who has her is "stuck" with her, while his mom is incarcerated. She is severely overweight, but extremely desperate for affection and love. She just needs basic care and love. She has some "rug burn" type wounds on her belly from being so heavy and her tummy was dragging on the carpet. The boy just called my DH and said that he thinks he's going to just let her out on the street. SHE IS DECLAWED, and would die in probably one cold 10 degree Philadelphia night! SHe is a sweety, and I need your help to save her! Please get back to me if you can take her.... if I had the room I would, but I don't have the room at all. I'll check back later, DH told him to keep her for the weekend and we'd try to find her a home or a no kill shelter....

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do hope that you find a good home for mommy cat, she so needs it since the son is not willing to take care of it.

Keep us posted on what happens to her.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a Woman's Humane Society Near Philly that he can drop her off at. They do not put animals to sleep! Sometimes my vet takes them in but they are closed right now. PM me if you need a list of places. I am in Philly. I wish I personally knew someone who would take the cat in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

There is a Woman's Humane Society Near Philly that he can drop her off at. They do not put animals to sleep! Sometimes my vet takes them in but they are closed right now. PM me if you need a list of places. I am in Philly. I wish I personally knew someone who would take the cat in.
Thank you again for that link, you are SO AWESOME. If I can't find her a home, I will take her there....