How does your cat let you know when

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are hungry. Tavia will meow at me and then run into the bathroom and then come back and meow like come on mom I am so hungry.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizzy will meow loudly and then get one of her showier toys and carry it to the food dish. If we are playing with an interactive toy, she 'walks' me to the dish with the toy in her mouth.

If I'm in bed, she makes a lot of noise and jumps on me until I get up to feed her. I notice she eats more in winter.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately Radar has only ever learnt to ask for thing by pouncing on me whilst I have to guess what he wants

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tolly just shouts, but Tolly shouts about everything. The best ones are when he can't find Chloe and he runs all over the house shouting.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine will all howl like someone is killing them if they are not fed at no later than 7:20, am or pm. If it is am, they will jump all over me in bed until I get up. They hate it when I don't get home from work until after 9 pm.
Scooter has the most pitiful greeting meow if he is hungry when I get home. It is hilarious.
If my SO is home, he will feed them, then they will lie to me when I get home, and act like they are starving and that he has not fed them.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Scarlett will jump on my chest, paw at my face and give me a pittiful meowl when it's her time to eat and I'm running more than 1 minute late (dinner at 7PM sharp). The rest of the cats simply gather around and tap their little feet.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For breakfast, Leopold will park himself in the kitchen for a howling session. Momma sits on the edge of the bed, waiting patiently
The others position themselves around the perimeter of the bedroom. There are 2 doorways in the bedroom. It's as if they all spread out to make sure they don't miss my exit.

For dinner, they just gather in the kitchen. If I'm real late with that, Leopold starts howling again.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, mine are free fed, but if there is any less than 3 cups in the bowl, Trouble starts worrying.
He'll jump up every time I stand and go running into the kitchen trilling at me and showing me the bowl.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time they tell us is 3-5am. Lucky starts by knocking on the bedroom door. IF you open the door he hides b/c he used to get in trouble when he started at 11pm. Finally he comes in the room and then he & Molly fight on who gets to sit on DH. Molly plays the "I'm not touching you" game with her paw & Lucky nudges Mike. If that doesn't work Molly will lick DH's face and hair until he is annoyed. If that doesn't work Molly sits on DH's night stand and yells at him.

When I get up, Ben weaves in/out of my feet forcing me to the kitchen, flops and purrs.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They will sit on the island in the kitchen and stare down at their empty bowls
While meowing VERY loud!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It never ceases to amaze me how our cats train us and not the other way around.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Screaming at me. Just lots and lots and lots of screaming and following me around. In the morning sometimes she'll lick me and purr like "Look how nice I'm being... wanna feed me?" If being nice doesn't work she'll start screaming at me.

I taught Harriet that she must "sit" (same as the dogs) or I won't feed her. Makes me feel better--like I'm not being bossed around.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dont think mine have ever been hungry
I free feed and feed wet 3 times a day. Before I go to bed they have 2 feeding stations full of a variety of dry and their wet food. I have never heard them meow from hunger.

fr gregg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We hold a bowl and ask our cat if she's hungry (outside of the times that she normally eats). Dulcinea stands on her hind paws and touches a bowl held by Fr. Miguel or me and touches it several times and goes: brrrrrrrer. Otherwise, she eats one meal in the morning (wet/canned food---the tiny cans) and then during the day snacks on dry food...and then in the evening, she has another meal of canned food (really small portions/1/2 small can) about 5 PM...and then before bed, she has another. All of her wet food/canned food are half portions and eat is only a HALF can at that. She is a little over eight pounds and a bit over 14 months old. She is sleek and muscular...and not overweight. She has (in other words) several very small meals each day and always dry food available when hungry in between. She also gets 'treats' often...but healthy stuff like: fresh spinach or a bit of cheese or something healthy that she enjoys. Hey...it works for her...and for us...and she seems VERY healthy and IS very active.

fr. gregg

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Molly gets extra extra extra lovey, coming up to me and refusing to leave me alone, whether it be when I'm on the computer or still in bed. Buffy just kind of shows up and gets naughty, bugging Jake, getting into things she shouldn't be, knocking things over, etc. Willow simply shows up, lol

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When she's hungry Villy meows and stands by her bowl or looks at her cupboard! She has a different meow for when she's hungry too. Or if I'm still in bed she'll walk all over me till I wake up
sometimes she just sits and stares at me too, if she knows I'm waking up!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dusty will climb up on my chest (in the morning) and purr loudly while rubbing her forehead against my lips. If I don't respond right away, she will nibble on my fingers - not hard, but enough where I feel her teeth. That one always works!