I thought this was very interesting y'all...

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read that article about an hour ago...it's a very interesting read.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we feel that way because animals don't expect nothing from us except love.

Our fellow humans are not like that. Some are evil, some are manipulating, some are liars, some are thieves, some take advantage of others. Some people think about nothing but themselves.

Our pets are not like that, they love us because we take care of them.

There are a lot of things that I would do for an animal that I would not do for another human.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My answer to all of his questions is:
Because they are animals and not people.

It's a whole different dynamic. I'm not being hardline. I just don't think it's a reason for soul-searching.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I think we feel that way because animals don't expect nothing from us except love.

Our fellow humans are not like that. Some are evil, some are manipulating, some are liars, some are thieves, some take advantage of others. Some people think about nothing but themselves.

Our pets are not like that, they love us because we take care of them.

There are a lot of things that I would do for an animal that I would not do for another human.
Puurrrfectly stated!

Hilda >^..^<

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Puurrrfectly stated!

Hilda >^..^<
I agree too - you cannot compare humans to animals - if an animal does something to another - it is acting out of instinct, not out of hatred, which is what humans do.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find that I am moved by the sad plights of the disabled and the young as well as by those of animals. For those more equipped to deal better with life, my compassion does lessen. I guess it goes along with my believing in a Judgment Day for humans; a Higher Power holds us to a higher standard - the 10 Commandments were written for the owners, not the pets, according to my beliefs.