TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › AFC/NFC Championship games
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AFC/NFC Championship games

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Come on TCSers.....make your predictions! Who does everyone think will win the championship games?

In the AFC we got the Patriots and the Colts. Can Peyton Manning finally win the big game? Is Vinatieri going to kick a winning field goal to beat NE? I would love it if Indianapolis wins the game, but Tom Brady is still Tom Brady. The guy is 12-1 during the playoffs, and Peyton is playing like his brother Eli the past 2 games. As much as I hate them I have to go with NE. They are the better team and they have the best QB during the playoffs.

In the NFC we have the Saints and da bears. I don't know the weather conditions for the game but I'm praying for snow. Sexy Rexy is going to have a great game and NO better not kick the ball to Devin Hester or he will take it to the house. Da bears have a ferocious defense and everyone knows defense wins championships. I'm going with Chicago.
post #2 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl View Post
In the AFC we got the Patriots and the Colts. Can Peyton Manning finally win the big game? Is Vinatieri going to kick a winning field goal to beat NE? I would love it if Indianapolis wins the game, but Tom Brady is still Tom Brady. The guy is 12-1 during the playoffs, and Peyton is playing like his brother Eli the past 2 games. As much as I hate them I have to go with NE. They are the better team and they have the best QB during the playoffs.
Does it really hurt that much to say it???
post #3 of 20
Why do so many people on this board hate to pick the patriots???
I certainly hope they win, but I'm not super confident . Not sure I'll be able to watch if it starts off bad.
I'm going with the Saints in the NFC although it would be good to get revenge for the last time we met the Bears in the Super Bowl.
post #4 of 20
Here I am. TCS's Unofficial Sports Man.

Patriot's Vs. Colt
Well, here we have it. The Colts have been in the postion a lot int he past 4 years, as well as the Patriots. The Pats know how to get it done, but I'd have to say the Colts want it much more. Now, I live in Indiana, yet I despise the Colts. But, if the Colts can shut down Brady's offense and Manning has a good game, I think they can win it. My prediction is 24-20 Colts.

Bears vs. Saints.
First, I must say I am a die hard Bears fan, and have been all my life. So, yes, I am very biased. But putting that to the side, New Orleans does have a great offense with their running attack. Though, I beleive the Bears and their high powered offense will take care of that run game. As for Rex, I predict a medicore (sp?) performace with some good running from Jones and Benson. With that, my prediction in 17-13, Bears victory.
post #5 of 20
Well I am pulling for New England because they have about 5 former LSU players on their team.

And I am pulling for the Saints just because my husband is a big Saints fan, and I used to live in Louisiana.
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom View Post
Does it really hurt that much to say it???
You have no idea....

NFC can go either way for me, I don't care since my Panthers aren't there.
post #7 of 20
My default since my hubby is a rabid colts fan, i have to hope the colts can pull it off., but we all know that payton chokes. however, the colts seem really hungry this year and they are at home which is the plus.

Go colts.....

I dont have an opinion on the other game. lol
post #8 of 20
I am a NY Jets fan so there is no way I can root for the Patriots... we got this hate thing going on. I am also going up to Boston next week for work stuff and I don't want to hear crap from them, so I hope they lose! With that said, I bet the Patriots beat the Colts though. You just can't go against the Patriots with their history, coach Belicheck, Tom Brady, etc. as much as I have to admit.

I will be rooting for the Saints because it is such a feel-good story. They haven't been that good of a team forever and it seems like destiny for them. The Saints have done so much for the psych down in Louisiana and I really root for that. Oh, yea... LSULOVER is rooting for them so then I am too!
post #9 of 20
I think the AFC game could be close, unless Manning chokes again. I hope Indianapolis wins, though.

Being that my husband is from the Chicago area, I have to go with da Bears or I may be sleeping on the couch. Seriously, their defense is the closest to the Monsters of the Midway that we have seen in a long time, and all season he's been harkening back to the '85 Bears (except for the last game, which was just pathetic).
post #10 of 20
I said it last week, but my choices are still the Patriots and the Saints.

I am still sulking that my Vikings played bad enough to not get this far though so don't care either way.

Looks like Miss Belinda and I will be best football buddies this weekend
post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom View Post
Does it really hurt that much to say it???
Yes! I have to admit that he's great QB. He needs to give other teams a chance to go to the Superbowl. He already has 3 rings, he certainly don't need another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuzy View Post
Why do so many people on this board hate to pick the patriots???
Like I said last time I'm a Dolphins fan. That's why I don't like the Patriots.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
I said it last week, but my choices are still the Patriots and the Saints.

I am still sulking that my Vikings played bad enough to not get this far though so don't care either way.

Looks like Miss Belinda and I will be best football buddies this weekend

That is good to hear, I always like being buddies.
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuzy View Post
Why do so many people on this board hate to pick the patriots??? .
Probably just to tease Abbysmom

Personally I like the Patriots, when I moved here and 'had to' pick a team (my BF said I wasn't allowed to watch football all weekend without picking one) the Patriots were in my top three, but the Vikings wear purple so they won!
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
Probably just to tease Abbysmom
Seriously, a lot of people don't like the Patriots, sort of like many don't like the Yankees.

Ok, I would love to see the Patriots win, but I am not feeling very confident about this game. I am keeping my fingers crossed though

Just for pure sentiment, I would like to see the Saints win.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom View Post
Seriously, a lot of people don't like the Patriots, sort of like many don't like the Yankees.

Ok, I would love to see the Patriots win, but I am not feeling very confident about this game. I am keeping my fingers crossed though

Just for pure sentiment, I would like to see the Saints win.
I want the Saints to win too, and remember that the Patriots have 5 former LSU players on their team, that makes the Patriots very good in my opinion.

post #16 of 20
I don't know why no one ever pics the Pats. Will they ever learn? Maybe not. Pats 28 Colts 18
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by viridian View Post
I don't know why no one ever pics the Pats. Will they ever learn? Maybe not. Pats 28 Colts 18
I was kind of hoping for pats 35, Colts 0 at halftime, so I can relax and enjoy the game. Then maybe Adam can kick a few field goals. (Pat. 42 Colts 9) I know I'm dreaming. I'll settle for a 1 point win.
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl View Post
In the NFC we have the Saints and da bears. I don't know the weather conditions for the game but I'm praying for snow.
Snow tomorrow with a high of 30. Accumulations of 2-3 inches.

I just hope it doesn't get super crazy here. Heck, it was already crazy last night and there are already people outside yelling...um...right this second!
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessrampant View Post
Snow tomorrow with a high of 30. Accumulations of 2-3 inches.

I just hope it doesn't get super crazy here. Heck, it was already crazy last night and there are already people outside yelling...um...right this second!

And I would be willing to bet that some of those people are Saints fans, people in Louisiana tend to get a little crazy when it comes to football. LSU fans show up on Friday night for a Saturday night game in Death Valley. And they stay drunk the whole time they are there. LSU fans really love their Tigers, and I think most LSU fans are Saints fans.

It could get real crazy in Chicago.

post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
And I would be willing to bet that some of those people are Saints fans, people in Louisiana tend to get a little crazy when it comes to football. LSU fans show up on Friday night for a Saturday night game in Death Valley. And they stay drunk the whole time they are there. LSU fans really love their Tigers, and I think most LSU fans are Saints fans.

It could get real crazy in Chicago.

Oh, I'm sure there are! The thing about being in a big city like this is with people from all over, you have fans from all over! So ANY major sporting event tends to get a little insane.

Myself, I'm indifferent. My family is Packers fans and I don't really get into sports much. Though, the veggie chili I'm making Ian and his Bears-aholic friends tomorrow night will certainly rock!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › AFC/NFC Championship games