Another points question...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed that when I posted in Fur Pics- I only got 1 point- is that correct? I do believe that Brandi had this same problem (not sure if it was when she was in Fur Pics as well) but I was wondering if this was only happening to me? I did get the 5 points when I posted in The Lounge, or anywhere besides Fur Pics.

Thanks!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed the same thing myself. Thought it might just be me, so came to this board to see if anyone else was noticing the same thing.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey yeah, now you mention it I remember this from an earlier Fur Pics post today (Miss Moofi One Eye) and I noticed my points, I thought I´d got the previous number wrong

I´m trying real hard for my 5th Piggy and I am behaving myself
honestly. One points just no good to me

I´ve only got 55 anyway

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Ann, I'd give you a piggy, but I've yet to hit the store when it had any gifts in stock!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they've done this because of people more likely to only post smilies instead of a full response.

Just to stop people trying to increase their post count for points.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Well, Ann, I'd give you a piggy, but I've yet to hit the store when it had any gifts in stock!
not that i'd give you a piggy [altho i might] but that i've not been able to purchase a gift, either! i did manage to get myself a ribbon earlier, but when i decided to buy someone a present, everything was already sold out

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

I think they've done this because of people more likely to only post smilies instead of a full response.

Just to stop people trying to increase their post count for points.
after the post in the lounge from Hydroaxe about being able to post short replies and smilies in there maybe they made it worth less points so people don't just reply to every thread for points

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

after the post in the lounge from Hydroaxe about being able to post short replies and smilies in there maybe they made it worth less points so people don't just reply to every thread for points
I kind of thought that too-but wasn't sure. I wanted to be sure it just wasn't me experiencing that.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There's no user's manual for this new system, so please bear with us. We're all trying to figure it out, and have it tweaked as needed, without the administrators knowing exactly how to do so. Just to give you an example, I started a thread asking which ribbons members would like to receive as gifts, only to find out that you can't "gift" ribbons!
Now I feel like a perfect idiot, but we're going by trial and error here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

There's no user's manual for this new system, so please bear with us. We're all trying to figure it out, and have it tweaked as needed, without the administrators knowing exactly how to do so. Just to give you an example, I started a thread asking which ribbons members would like to receive as gifts, only to find out that you can't "gift" ribbons!
Now I feel like a perfect idiot, but we're going by trial and error here.
Oh I totally understand! I give big praise and thanks to all of those working on it!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yes, we are still tweaking and modifying things. The amount of points per post will probably change a bit, as we wish to encourage people to post more in the cat oriented forums. And yes, the Fur Pics posts went down to one point, simply because we set that forum apart as the only forum where smilie-only kind of posts are not frowned upon.

We may still change that in the future. Like Tricia said, we are still testing, changing and learning the system. Indeed it comes without a manual, and it also needs to be tweaked to fit our particular community. Thank you everyone for your patience!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my piggies are all together on the same line

I was going to PM Admin to ask if you could put them in a line, cos I wanted them together. This a.m. when I checked in.......
there they were - all in a row

Is it going to be so many gifts per line then ? I suppose that space could soon fill up

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Is it going to be so many gifts per line then ? I suppose that space could soon fill up
we just changed it to 10 gifts per line at the moment. This may change down the road but just trying a few things out

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say a quick thanks/kudos etc to the new points system. I know I won't get as many points as others but it's nice to be able to give gifts and donate here and there. . . . . .

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just going to say, I probably wont have gifts like all the 'cool kids' but it is neat to look at them