is it ok to hole my kitten like this ?

raju

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have loads of ways of holding my kitty but i was just wandering is it ok for me to put him slightly over my shoulder like a baby . he seems really comfortable and relaxed

Any ideas

puppycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my cat loves to be draped over my shoulder. In fact sometimes when I come home she sits up on her hind legs and reaches for my shoulders. Of course, I always have my hands on her. I would hate if she feel from my shoulders accidently. Just be sure to have a grip on her and when she is ready to get down, assist her to the ground.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any way (within reason- not just by his head or one leg, etc.) is ok if the cat's happy and not being forced to stay anywhere.

amaranth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Brady likes to be held that way sometimes. I have walked around holding him and petting him that way for a good fifteen minutes before. As long as he likes being held that way and you let him go whenever he's ready, it should be fine.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Molly likes it too. She's a "lunky" lovebug snuggler, so basically any way you hold her, she wraps her paws around and just snugs in. When she goes over the shoulder, she'll wrap her paws around each side of the shoulder (top and side). Buffy and Willow won't allow it, though, Willow wants to be lower (actually being held, lol) and Buffy will struggle until she's perched ON the shoulder, lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raju

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sorry about the spelling guys i think i was typing veryyyy fast lol

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think its ok to hold ur kittie like that, my bella thats the only way she likes to be held is drapped over ur shoulder somewhat all tho the other day she wrapped herself around me neck
but Willie he loves to be over your shoulder and he will sleep that way too !!!