Why you shouldn't drive on ice - UTube Video

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing. That's crazy! Surely if someone saw what happened to the first car, then they wouldn't move thier own?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Holy moly! That is crazy - why would you drive on ice, or even attempt to? Silly sausages!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes that must have been scary. You would think the people would see other cars sliding around like that and not try it themselves.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow- thats crazy- and scary! Why would you even attempt to drive in that anyways!? Hopefully they had a sanding truck out after that!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!
I live in a place where roads can get slick and I've done my share of fishtails and 360's because of ice but the movement there is insane!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

What I can't stand is the sliding sideways. You know when that is happening, there is no stopping.

At least they weren't stupid like some of my fellow state residents here in a storm last year. I was out of the state when this was filmed. I was really embarrassed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM2gL...elated&search=
What I dont understand in that video is why people were jumping out of their cars while they were still moving- that one lady almost got hit! DUMB!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

What I dont understand in that video is why people were jumping out of their cars while they were still moving- that one lady almost got hit! DUMB!!
That is what I was wondering. I would rather stay in the car with the air bag.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

That is what I was wondering. I would rather stay in the car with the air bag.
Well yeah!
Some people don't belong on the roads

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

They were trying to stop their cars by dragging their feet! I'm not sure why it made me laugh so hard!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

They were trying to stop their cars by dragging their feet! I'm not sure why it made me laugh so hard!
.... Thats not a good idea!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having done a 180 back in 2002 (ended up southbound in the northbound ditch) and experienced black ice this past winter, I am taking no chances this winter. THe least little snow and I will not go out.

I can remember the many times my parents had to go to work when roads were icy. But if they didn't, they'd lose money from their paycheck.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I fishtailed my way through a busy intersection today as the light changed to red, and that was scary enough! Slip sliding all the way home, nothing like that though. They don't need cars, they need skates!