Persian size

ozadars

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kürşat is almost 7 months old but he looks so small to me. Maybe because I have had him since he was a little kitten, i just feel like he hasnt grown any. He is fat but his lenght is quite short to me.
Tail 25cm (10") + Body (including head) 37cm (1' 3") = Length from tail tip to nose is about 62cm (2' 1")
Is this size normal for a 7 month persian? When does a cat reaches his maximum lenght?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've very measured any of my cats - I go by weight. Average persian is about 9-11/12 lbs. How much does he weigh? Does he feel heavy or boney?

Persians are supposed to have a short cobby body.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ozadars

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A month ago he was 2,7kg but I dont know what this equals to as lbs and he should have gained weight as he is heavier. He does feel heavy as eating is his favourite activity, he can do anything for a piece of food. He has dry food everytime in his bowl but I stopping feeding any other thing as he has alergy and I am trying to find what causes this.
I am worring more about his length because he looks shorter than many of my friends cats, especially when he is wet. (when he is dry, his hair makes him look like he is larger)

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just measured some of my babies, and i came up with similar messurements on my babies who are around the same age. Persians are slow maturers. It takes them a while to reach full matureity. As long as he is healthy, active and eating i wouldnt worry to much.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some persians I've met tend to be small. And really, they're not meant to be as big as the other LH breeds at all! If you look at the KL Int'l show thread pics that I posted previously, the cream and white persian that was best kitten is now 8 months old and the red tabby exotic is 7 months old, so if your kitten looks to be around that size/weight, then you are in good stead.

The breed standards call for a cobby body...low to the ground, with the head, body and tail balanced. His weight sounds okay but I think he should be hitting about 3+kg (6 - 6.5lbs) by now. It all depends on the pedigree and background. My Dumdum is approximately about 5cm (2") bigger then yours and he's much older. Without seeing pictures and actually holding the cat I deren't really comment. I've met a beautiful Candirand cat who is small for a male but nicely balanced overall.

But then, I am talking about show cats above!

I do agree with scamperfarms, as long as he eats well, is happy and healthy, then that's all that matters!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Some persians I've met tend to be small. And really, they're not meant to be as big as the other LH breeds at all! If you look at the KL Int'l show thread pics that I posted previously, the cream and white persian that was best kitten is now 8 months old and the red tabby exotic is 7 months old, so if your kitten looks to be around that size/weight, then you are in good stead.

The breed standards call for a cobby body...low to the ground, with the head, body and tail balanced. His weight sounds okay but I think he should be hitting about 3+kg (6 - 6.5lbs) by now. It all depends on the pedigree and background. My Dumdum is approximately about 5cm (2") bigger then yours and he's much older. Without seeing pictures and actually holding the cat I deren't really comment. I've met a beautiful Candirand cat who is small for a male but nicely balanced overall.

But then, I am talking about show cats above!

I do agree with scamperfarms, as long as he eats well, is happy and healthy, then that's all that matters!
yup persians can vary greatly in size
i have several who are smaller than my "moose" but i am not to worried. as i have seen most of my babies blossom later. like my Loki, he didnt fully fill out til he was about 2-3 and now hes a big 13lbs i love my cobby little babies! lol

memo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
as female is normal in size , male one should be larger , but in case if your kitten helthy and eating very well don"t worried

oweerak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
some persians can weigh less, your cat seems cobby, which is very desireable and if they are cobby they tend to sometimes weigh less. I have a girl that is 7 months old and feels super heavy when you pick her up and she is very short and weighs just 6lbs and then I have another boy, who just turned 7 months, a large boy , at 9.5 lbs and he is huge-if he feels heavy and thin when you pick him up, he is probably fine, and if he is eating well.