Tolstoy & Friends

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Over Christmas, Tolstoy and our really scared girl Tippy made some moves towards friendship - they were enjoying a spell with daughter while she studied for exams. Here's the evidence

Then, today as the weather was so cold and scary he decided the best place to be was snuggling with his sister. Either on the top of the gas fire

or snuggled in the underneath portion of their basket

An exhausting day was had by all!

maki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WOW!!!! Those are some gorgeous cats!!!! What breed are they?

(I`m so clueless when it comes to purebred cats...)

Bonding over spelling... seems as good a reason as any!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love when you post pictures of them- they are so gorgeous!

I adore the last photo! I want to crawl in there and cuddle with them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Maki

WOW!!!! Those are some gorgeous cats!!!! What breed are they?

(I`m so clueless when it comes to purebred cats...)

Bonding over spelling... seems as good a reason as any!!!
Tippy (our black and white tuxedo kitty) is a beautiful, if slightly scatty, DSH rescue kitty. She's a lot older than Tolstoy, so it's lovely that she's taken to him, she's scared of everything else in life

Lily and Tolstoy are Singapuras. They are half-brother and sister (same Dad, different Mums).

The kitties thank you for your lovely comment

Originally Posted by babyharley

I just love when you post pictures of them- they are so gorgeous!

I adore the last photo! I want to crawl in there and cuddle with them!
Don't they look comfy! Most of the time they snuggle nicely together, but sometimes, Lily just wants the entire downstairs of their bed to herself and boots him out. The whole thing rocks wildly for a second while she makes her point and then Tolstoy usually beats a retreat and heads for the top of the fire

Originally Posted by Pombina

Those are just gorgeous, they luck like they just can't get close enough on the gas fire
But....as with the basket they have their moments on there too. Sometimes there is a full scale battle for supremacy going on up there - Tolstoy usually wins that one because he keeps biting her back leg and then he'll get his paw behind her and literally hook her off the fire onto the floor. Children!

Originally Posted by Bella713

Those pics are so sweet, they are so close to each other Awwww
When they are quiet together they're adorable. When they're on a bushy-tailed run through the house playing together they can be pretty scary
. It doesn't matter whether you're in the way, any person is just a piece of furniture to be jumped over as part of the chase!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your Singapura's are beautiful. I get to see some Sing's at the cat shows occasionally...always a treat. Love their faces!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What fantastic pictures of the kitties! I love Tolly and Lily snuggling

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its so ODD that Singapore doesn't have Singapura breeders (or at least they're not commonly known of)
The last time I heard, they had to ship three over from overseas for exhibition at The Singapore Zoo
But from what I've heard, they ARE very nice cats to have... Tolstoy and Lily look like two sweet luvbugs

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! How cute are they? Makes you want to snuggle up with them!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful pictures of your gorgeous kitties Beth.

The last one should be submitted to Kitty Bytes as a sceen saver.
It's a winner.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Beth! Did we ever imagine such a gorgeous sight! We're so proud of you, Tippy, snuggling for a nap with Tolly and your big sister!

Lily and Tolly, you're soooo precious!

Aaaawww!

Thank you for these, Beth, you've absolutely warmed our hearts!!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh my goodness Beth!. Those pictures of them are just so precious beyond words!. Their stuck together like glue
They are - these are the first snuggle kitties we've ever had and it's beautiful to see.

Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Your Singapura's are beautiful. I get to see some Sing's at the cat shows occasionally...always a treat. Love their faces!
They really are something else - but then I guess your familiar with many of the traits having Bengals. Boundless energy and tons of mischief

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

What fantastic pictures of the kitties! I love Tolly and Lily snuggling
Thank you Karen

Originally Posted by Miss Mew

This picture just makes my heart melt!
Mine too - I never get tired of seeing them snuggled up together

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh my goodness they are both gorgeous!
Thank you

Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Its so ODD that Singapore doesn't have Singapura breeders (or at least they're not commonly known of) The last time I heard, they had to ship three over from overseas for exhibition at The Singapore Zoo But from what I've heard, they ARE very nice cats to have... Tolstoy and Lily look like two sweet luvbugs
It is isn't it! They are lovely cats to have, mischievous, energetic but very lovable. Just don't get too attached to ornaments, we've learned the hard way. Any remaining ornaments are not held down with blu-tack.

Originally Posted by fifi1puss

OMG! How cute are they? Makes you want to snuggle up with them!
Lucky us, we get that chance every single night. We are usually four in a row because the two kitties occupy the middle three quarters of the bed snuggling up together like this.

Originally Posted by xocats

Beautiful pictures of your gorgeous kitties Beth.

The last one should be submitted to Kitty Bytes as a sceen saver.
It's a winner.
Thank you Lei.

Originally Posted by DawnofSierra

Wow, Beth! Did we ever imagine such a gorgeous sight! We're so proud of you, Tippy, snuggling for a nap with Tolly and your big sister!

Lily and Tolly, you're soooo precious!

Aaaawww!

Thank you for these, Beth, you've absolutely warmed our hearts!!!
You're so right Stephanie - it's amazing that Tippy has found it possible to trust another kitty. Slowly and surely does it! Tolly still goes up and gives her the odd bop on the head though if he's feeling rascalish, but she doesn't seem to mind.

Thank you for enjoying Lily and Tolly's awwwwww moments too - they are such a sweet pair.