Laundry soap....

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just out of curiousity, what laundry soap and fabric softener does everyone use?? I currently am STUCK on Gain!! I looove it!! I use the soap and softener.
Does anyone buy just whats on sale? Or are ya stuck on one certain brand??

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends, if we have the extra money we get Gain, I LOVE gain. and right now i do have the Soap, Softener, AND dryer sheets

however, if budjets are just a little tighter, and we and we need to cut down on something something like laundry soap is first, and than I get Purex works great, smells great and its cheaper.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Tide. I get the HUGE box of the powder at Sam's Club. Its like $25 and lasts me for atleast 4 months, if not longer.

Softener is the Snuggle liquid then a dryer sheet usually something that smells lke flowers!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally use Tide Cold Water because it smells nice and heeps my cloths from shrinking. Also for Fabric softener I like the store brand, it smells like lemmons... I like lemmons!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We go to Costco and get the HUGE thing of their kirkland brand of laundry detergent (it's like their off brand). It's AWESOME and it smells and works just like tide!!!
For a huge 28lbs container (it says it will do 200 loads) we paid only $11
I love the price and the quality on the stuff!!!! As far as fabric softner goes- i use Downy- (lavender and vanilla sheets usually - sometimes if the liquid is on sale i'll get that too) and I also like the Bounce (apple mango tango sheets)
/ For my delicates- i handwash them with Woolite or the dollar tree's version of woolite (both work the same
) / when i have babies or little ones staying at my house though i ALWAYS use Dreft for their delicate skin

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
all free and clear and downy or bounce free sheet s.... I am since a friend is in quixtar moving to that :0

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you beat me to it! I was just thinking last night about starting up a thread like this

I've tried all sorts of detergents. A few years ago, I read on a 'how to clean anything' type of site that Purex does as great of a job as many of the more expensive kinds. Well, I tried it and I've been stuck on it ever since. I love the great big 300 fluid oz containers with the spout on it! Wonderful! As for fabric softener, since our home has an aerobic septic system we're not allowed to use liquid softener since it'll drown out the microbes that live in the tank, we have to use dryer sheets. Right now I'm using Gain's Joyful Expressions Apple Mango Tango! smells soooo good!

Hilda >^..^<

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Gain... the new Pink one... Oh lord, I've forgotten which scent it is and I'm too lazy to walk out to the laundry room and see

I also use the same scented dryer sheets for it....

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tide, Downy liquid & bounce sheets w/ Spring & renewal febreeze scent. I love that purple smell!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

all free & clear is the best, hypoallergenic, and it gets rid of allergens on your clothes (like cat dander?) I use downy fabric softener....
Its the only thing I can use on my sensitive skin, I have eczema- no fun

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Creepy! I'm doing laundry right now.

Right now we use Purex. But I'd like to try Gain.

We don't use fabric softener, but for dryer sheets we use Snuggle. Scent changes to whatever we want when we are buying it

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tide cold water or Tide Free - both liquid. And I use original scent Fleecy sheets. Can't use anything heavily scented due to allergies.