Nosy Neighbours!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay so here is the story, the first week that i moved here the apartment block across from me never looked out of the window, now since my parents left. My mother told me to go and pick up the night curtains which is actually i have no idea what its called but its the thick one so you can close it when its dark out side and noone can see into your apartment.

Well obviously due to financial reasons i have been able to hold it off, and I have put my foot down and going to buy it in March, possibly April.

I ended up putting a Black blanket on my window in the bedroom, but i refuse to put it in the lounge rooms.

There is this neighbour (she is female) and constantly, every evening she will open her curtains and watch me! She puts her clothes away, plays with her phone what ever she can find to be near the window.
Now shes got both curtains why cant she just close them and mind her own business?
I have gone as far and going to bed so early so she would stop!

What are your ideas of what i can do??
Gosh now i hate living on the 1st floor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well... I walked out of the shower the other day and needed to go to the kitchen quickly, i was naked but unfortunately she wasnt there! But the old guy who lives below her saw it!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

well... I walked out of the shower the other day and needed to go to the kitchen quickly, i was naked but unfortunately she wasnt there! But the old guy who lives below her saw it!
Uhhh.. Fran, I think you need curtains

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You need curtains, but there is a cheaper solution. Go to a "Baumarkt" (DIY store) like Obi or Toom, and get some of the patterned, semi-opague foil for bathroom windows. It's cheap and easy to install, and can be removed in a jiffy when you move out. Ask for "Sichtschutzfolie".

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You need curtains, but there is a cheaper solution. Go to a "Baumarkt" (DIY store) like Obi or Toom, and get some of the patterned, semi-opague foil for bathroom windows. It's cheap and easy to install, and can be removed in a jiffy when you move out.
Ive seen some advertised Möbel boss, the stange only for 5 euros and the curtains it self for 10, but since i have huge windows i have to check them out! I do have curtains but only the thin kind!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Ive seen some advertised Möbel boss, the stange only for 5 euros and the curtains it self for 10, but since i have huge windows i have to check them out! I do have curtains but only the thin kind!
I'd try the foil until you get the curtains. Do you have tools to put the curtain rods up? I used to have a groundfloor apartment, and used heavy sheets as curtains.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I'd try the foil until you get the curtains. Do you have tools to put the curtain rods up? I used to have a groundfloor apartment, and used heavy sheets as curtains.
No, my dad took them back to italy, but i do have a friend who has all tools and is willing to help me put them up once i buy it. He is coming to put up my waldrobe on sunday! *finally*

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wave and flash! Maybe hold a note up saying "Can you read this? Stop Staring at us!"

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Uhhh.. Fran, I think you need curtains
Or maybe a robe?

I would just smile and wave the next time I saw the neighbor staring.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would snap some sheers up at least. Somting that will blur her vision of you and possibly make you a little less paranoid. I am so glad I am not overlooked, but I also have curtains, somtimes just pulled to keep the sun off the computer screen.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My sister in law waved at my parents nosy neighbours once

Fran get some curtains up asap. I wish you lived nearer because i've got the ones from this new house still while i was getting mine made.

As soon as it starts to get dusk my blinds are closed and the curtains drawn because i hate people looking in. Theres a lot of people who leave their curtains open and people stare in as they walk past........... me being one of them

Well, they only do it im sure to let others see how nice their house looks like inside

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've got another suggestion for embarrassing your neighbor(s) into stopping, but it's not nice. A lot of elderly people in Germany are known to open their windows, put a pillow on the sill to rest their elbows on, and gaze at the street and in their neighbors' windows. I'm not kidding. We even used to have a neighbor who had a wing mirror for a truck attached outside his window so that he could see more.

If you see her gazing in, go get a pillow, and do the same. It's such a cliche that she'll probably get the message.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be putting up something in my house, I don't like anyone looking in at me, I have blinds and curtains in my house.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When i lived at my last apartment we never had curtains and we lived right in the middle of the city!!
but at that stage i lived on the 4th floor and the only people who could see me were the men in the bank across the rd from me!
They probably always got a good view but i didnt feel threatened.. like i do now?

This lady isnt old, she is atleast in her mid twenties and she is turkish maybe even moroccan.

If the weather clears up by next week maybe ill snap up something from the flea market for something even cheaper!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hold up cue cards that read:

Hi there

Want me to flash you?

You do?

Then get one of those giant spot lights and blind them with it.