Completely Devistated

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I just checked my mail- and I got a rejection letter from the Dental Office.

I'm completely beside myself, I have 2 months to find a job until my unemployment runs out- I just don't even know what to do.

Thanks to everyone who sent me vibes, I appreciate it.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz, these things always happen for a reason, and the perfect job will come along when you least expect it, try not to get too depressed about the rejection letters and focus on what you can do

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww kens, what im doing to earn extra money is by cat sitting, dog sitting and baby sitting.
maybe you can put flyers around advertising it?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww I am sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Good luck with the hunt again.
Did they say why?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry
It just means that there is somethign better on the way.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenzie, have yourself a good cry, then pick yourself up. These things are depressing but only allow yourself to wallow in self pity for just a bit. Then pick yourself up, have some chocolate, and keep looking. I promise the rightjob will come along.....

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Kenz, I am sorry you didn't get that job
I know its sounds cliche, but it just means there is something better out there for you.

Try not to stress yourself out too much..2 months is better than no time to find another job.

Sending much good luck vibes your way, and just keep your eyes peeled for job openings

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heck, well gal shake yourself down and focus on the next one
Job hunting is such a bummer, but something will surely come along.
I remember once having 3 interviews in one day. I liked them all, but got rejections from all of them.......phiff
Then 2 weeks later I got a phone call from a company I had just sent a CV in, cos I wanted to work for them. They called me in and 2 interviews later I was offered a job, you just dont know whats around the corner

I agree with the others...something better is on its way

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Kenz, these things always happen for a reason, and the perfect job will come along when you least expect it, try not to get too depressed about the rejection letters and focus on what you can do
I agree Kenz......just hang in there. I was without a job for 9 months and then I had 3 offers at the same time. Just try and stay positive. It will all work out

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Exactly what I was going to say.
Who knows - if you had gotten that job you might have wound up miserable. The right job will happen for you, I just know it!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.... I hadn't cried til I read all of your messages!
I just feel hopeless, I've gone to so many interviews, and after awhile, seeing those rejection letters come in the mail, gets a little depresssing. I have a college degree with experience, why is it SO hard to get a job?

I dont know, thanks tho, to everyone, I don't know what I'd do without you all

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry, Mackenzie.
the right job will come along for you, I just know it! keep your chin up!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you didn't get the job Kenz. I know how perfect that would've been for you! If you need a hug this weekend, come home & I'm always around!
I've got 6 puppies to give you kisses, too!
Have faith, the right job will come around!

Have you considered an idea like Fran's....doing odd's & end's jobs just to give yourself a little extra $$$?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm sorry you didn't get the job Kenz. I know how perfect that would've been for you! If you need a hug this weekend, come home & I'm always around!
I've got 6 puppies to give you kisses, too!
Have faith, the right job will come around!

Have you considered an idea like Fran's....doing odd's & end's jobs just to give yourself a little extra $$$?
I can't have any extra income or I'll lose my unemployment.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's the hardest thing to do, but call up and see if you can feedback on why you didn't get the job.

If it's because you had the experiene, but didn't interview well, you can go and get friends and family to "interview" you and be critical and improve your interviewing skills.

If it's because they didn't think you had the right sort of experience, you can ask what they were specifically looking - what did the person who got the job have that you don't?

Most interviewers will be more than happy to give feedback to candidates.

Good luck!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I can't have any extra income or I'll lose my unemployment.
but the government wont have to know about it..
Its technically working under the table, because youre not getting payed much money for it and there is no contract involved?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Great advice! You know you have qualifications, Kenzie because that is why you applied for these jobs. Remember that! Dont take the rejection personally, you have no clue why they hired someone else. Maybe they were less qualified and would accept less pay, you just dont know. So dont worry about the rejections and keep your focus on who you are and what qualifications you have and move forward. You will find something, I promise!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

but the government wont have to know about it..
Its technically working under the table, because youre not getting payed much money for it and there is no contract involved?
I just don't want to risk losing it, because if I do, I'll be in a lot of trouble, and right now thats the last thing I need

Thanks for the idea tho