This is too good to be true!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night DH and I realized that we were just shy of our goal of being credit card debit free. We needed to come up with five hundred dollars in the next month to meet our goal. We poured over and over our budget seeing what expense we could cut to come up with the rest of the money, and couldn't find anything. Today, when I came into work, we got an e-mail with the second half of our bonus. It was the exact amount that we needed! I'm so excited!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd congratulate you but I'm way too jealous, I owe thousands and can't see an immediate solution

Well down on your achievement

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I'd congratulate you but I'm way too jealous, I owe thousands and can't see an immediate solution

Well down on your achievement
Nate, if it makes you feel any better, I owe TENS of thousands with no savings and no way out. And I don't have any assets except my Harley.

Heather (am I getting your name right?) I think that is WONDERFUL - isn't it great how sometimes the universe can provide for us exactly when we need it?
Congrats on becoming debt free!!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how that feels. I'm still racking up student loans but I'm credit card debt free and it's a good thing!

Congrats!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Thats an awesome thing! When my mom and dad paid off their credit cards they opened a bottle of wine that had been sitting in the fridge for 3 years while they were paying it off. Celebrate with a good dinner anda bottle of wine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Congrats! Thats an awesome thing! When my mom and dad paid off their credit cards they opened a bottle of wine that had been sitting in the fridge for 3 years while they were paying it off. Celebrate with a good dinner anda bottle of wine!
Oh we are! And we are paying for the dinner in cash!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for you Heather.....Jerry is home with me today, so he didn't get that email! Isn't it wondreful to be debt free! Well, other than house and car payments.......you always have those it seems.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for you! I know how it feels. I was about 40k in debt after college. I just have 10k left on my student loan and a few hundred on one card(vet bills). I am working on getting my hubby's debit down. It's hard and you have to scarifice a lot! I used to party a lot on the weekends and I finaly gave it up. I spent 2 years never going out or going out for cheap or freebies.

Now you can save for a wonderful vacation, somewhere tropical and warm

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG that is AWESOME!! Must be fate
You must be stoked! Mine will be paid off when I get my tax return..I can't wait!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! My DH and I are working towards being debt free as well. I did promise him I would have one of my CCs paid off by the time we were married and I did it!
It feels really good, doesn't it?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is wonderful news ... Now you can tell us your secrets