Contacts?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is for the members who wear contacts.

I have an apointment to be fitted for contacts next week and I'm looking for recomendations on lenses. I have NO problems touching my eyes but I want a contact that isn't very noticable. With most contact makers offering free trial coupons I was going to print a bunch off but I thought I ask for suggestions too. Matt says the Dr. probably won't make a recomendation since there are so many available. But I know my friends here will give me thier opinions and suggestions!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wore Purvision last year and LOVED them. The only thing that I didn't like is they only come in one base curve: 8.6 which is too big for my eyes. Basically it felt like I was wearing semi-perms again.

I'm now in Acuvue Oasis and the comfort is a lot better. I don't see as clearly as with the Purevision (the Purevision was like watching HDTV), but they're better the brand I first had.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think everyone's eyes are different. It's hard to go by others recommendations for that reason. Everyone has raved about Acuvue 2 contacts, but I can't wear them because my eyes still dry out. I have to stick with the original Acuvues, which are actually harder to find now with all the new ones.
The best thing to do is to let your doctor recommend your first pair and then go from there. If they don't work, he will keep trying until you find the perfect pair

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my Acuvue Oasys!! I had problems with my eyes drying out and I hated not being about to wear them all day. So I switched to the Oasys and I love them!

ACUVUEÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] OASYSâ„¢ Brand Contact Lenses with HYDRACLEARâ„¢ PLUS from Johnson & Johnson are designed to help eyes stay moist and fresh.

They provide unbelievable comfort even in demanding conditions, like in an air conditioned office, when using a PC or on a plane.
Find relief with Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus Brand Contact Lenses. It will almost feel like youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re wearing no lens at all.
Features and Benefits
Inside-out mark – to help you insert your Acuvue Oasys lenses correctly every time.
Highest level of UV Blocking available in todayâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s soft contact lens market - greater than 99% UVB and 95% UVA1.
A soft and silky feel.
Reduced contact lens related dryness.
Who should wear ACUVUEÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] OASYSâ„¢ with HYDRACLEARâ„¢ Plus
People who experienced discomfort due to dryness when wearing contact lenses.
People who are involved in activities where their eyes feel uncomfortable or irritated while wearing their contact lenses.
People who use rewetting drops on a frequent basis.
People who stopped wearing contacts because their lenses felt dry on their eyes.
Lens Type:
1-2 week disposable soft contact

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this has helped me! I just started using Acuvue (I used to have extended wear contacts- lasted a year) and my eyes almost always feel dry. Thank you for the recommendations!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not much help because I have astigmatism - have to wear specially cut contacts!
And my prescription is too strong for most of the newer toric lenses as well.

Buuuut if you want a really good solution, go with Ciba Vision's Aquify.
I've used multiple solutions over the years, and found that this one really helps keep the lenses in great shape if you have to wear them for a month or so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the solution recomendation.

I figured everyone would be different. Matt uses the Night & Day lenses (the ones you can leave in all the time for 30 days) and he really likes them and I'd like to try them too cuz I'm lazy and we watch tv in bed alot so I don't like the idea of having to take them out at night. For that reason I'm also looking at Acuvue 2 w/ Hydraclear.

I like that Eva said the Oasys lenses feel almost like your wearing nothing at all... thats what I'm looking for.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I wear 14-day Acuvue lenses (bifocals). I take them out at night though, because I don't like the idea of getting eye makeup remover on them, and then leaving them in at night. That way, and by leaving them out one or two days a week (an old habit from hard contact lens days), I get three weeks out of them, too.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have astigmatism, and have been wearing bausch and lomb's softlens for about the past 5 years. I find them very comfotable

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't wear the Acuview Oasys...I have a severe allergy to certain silicones--and those just about killed my eyes. They were a nightmare for me to wear. / I also did not like the Focus Dailies- they're not breathable at all and my eyes were itchy the entire time i wore them. I have a slight astigmatism and my right eye is a -5.00 and my left is a -4.75

I did however wear the Acuview One a Days for several years -i liked the fact that they were a good alternative for me since i have silicone allergies and chronic dry eye...but they just weren't breathable enough for me. So recently, with my optometrist's ok- i tried new lenses. I switched to the
O2 Optix and I LOVE them!!!!!!!!
It took a little while to get used to because i switched from a one a day (which are thinner and more flimsy) to a contact that last several weeks. I love them now though.- They do have silicone in them- but these for some reason do not bother my eyes as much as the Oasys did. I'm not sure why not- but my optometrist said they were just made differently and as long as it doesnt bother me it's ok to use them
They're SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more breathable than the other ones i've tried and they don't really aggervate my eye allergies or my chronic dry eye much

here's the link. i love these

http://www.1800contacts.com/lens/o2-optix.htm

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's nice is all of these lenses offer a free trial pair. So, I've printed coupons for -B&L Pure Vision -Acuvue (any lense) -Night&Day -Optix2 I realize I can only try one at a time but most of these offers are good for several months to 1 year and this way as long as I try one of these I won't have to pay for the first pair of contacts. Thanks everyone!

sweatereyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wear Optix2. They are pretty good, though i haven't wore any other brands. They are breathable so i can actually wear them for a couple of days at a time with it being safe (which i like).

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

What's nice is all of these lenses offer a free trial pair. So, I've printed coupons for -B&L Pure Vision -Acuvue (any lense) -Night&Day -Optix2 I realize I can only try one at a time but most of these offers are good for several months to 1 year and this way as long as I try one of these I won't have to pay for the first pair of contacts. Thanks everyone!
The thing with those free trials, I believe, they have no prescription in them, they are only to see how you will be wearing them, so as some have said, they can't see as well with some as others, so you will be able to find one that is comfortable, but then get used to the vission quality, ect.
I wore acuview so I could have colored ones, but they were not comfortable for me really, I had a wonderful eye color, but couldn't see very good
I have an astigmatism too, so I really needed the toric lenses, and was too shallow to get them, sense they didn't come in colors
I don't wear any now, (or glasses for that matter) so I just walk around in a haze most the time I have gotten very used to shadows and fuzz.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got CooperVision at the moment, but I go by what my optometrist recommends. For years I've always received a free prescription pair to try out before buying the boxes of contacts... maybe you should ask your doctor about that - I thought it was standard procedure.

I can't get clear ones any more, they are all tinted a light blue. My eyes are a very pale green, so the contacts make them almost turquoise.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turquoise eyes... huh!

These coupons are ones you take to the Dr. so I assume they are for scrip lenses. I hope so.. and if not it's not that big a deal. I have a feeling the lenses will be the least of my apointment expenses.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Turquoise eyes... huh!

These coupons are ones you take to the Dr. so I assume they are for scrip lenses. I hope so.. and if not it's not that big a deal. I have a feeling the lenses will be the least of my apointment expenses.
When I went the first time at my dr, he did give me a sample of a pair that my presciption fit into, they weren't exactly right, but they worked ok. I have printed those coupons from acueveiw, and I think on it some where it says that they don't have any presciption in them, I assumed that so I never used the coupon, I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time

if you have a common prescription, your dr may have some that have the prescrtion in them you can try, but I thought the coupons said on them that they didn't hmm, I will have to look at the web site for accuvue again for the coupon, to see if I read or am remembering wrong

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the solution recomendation.

I figured everyone would be different. Matt uses the Night & Day lenses (the ones you can leave in all the time for 30 days) and he really likes them and I'd like to try them too cuz I'm lazy and we watch tv in bed alot so I don't like the idea of having to take them out at night. For that reason I'm also looking at Acuvue 2 w/ Hydraclear.

I like that Eva said the Oasys lenses feel almost like your wearing nothing at all... thats what I'm looking for.
I wear these too and I LOVE them. I used Acuvue in the past, and they were always slipping off my iris and got caught under my eyelids. I never have that problem with the Night & Day ones. They stay put.

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the acuvue oasys things with hydraclear. I think my eye doc sucks and I am going to a different one this time. I have been going to him for two years.

&

My eyes keep getting worse . I never really had a a drastic change over just a year until I started going to him.

I have been wearing contacts for two years. I cant really take a break from wearing them until I get new glasses and my glasses arent good at all. They are like 5 years old now.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have my apointment today. Maybe if I'm lucky he'll have a pair in my scrip I can try. My scrip isn't very strong and seems pretty comon so fingers crossed. I excited to be glasses free again (I've only had them a year) but I'll miss the fact that my frames hide the bags under my eyes. LOL