What kind of skin type do you have?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering what type of skin everyone has and what products like like as far as hair/face/body goes for you skin type? Is yours Oily, Dry, or Combination???? What products do you like?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dry!! We have horrid water here in town- so unfortunately I have to use like 2 kinds of moisturizer after a shower!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Is this a Cosmo-inspired thread?
Nope- just a "nikki" inspired one
I was just curious!

Originally Posted by babyharley

Dry!! We have horrid water here in town- so unfortunately I have to use like 2 kinds of moisturizer after a shower!
Try Ponds Dry Skin Cream (it's incredable!!!!!!!!!!)

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have shark skin right now
I am like alligator skin to we have no humidity here, my skin feels raw my hands are a mess I could soak in a 55 gallon drum of Paraffin wax and it wouldn't help
Can't stand a bra or clothes they feel like they are rubbing me wrong

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Try Ponds Dry Skin Cream (it's incredable!!!!!!!!!!)
I have that to but they didnt have a 55 gallon drum it doesn't help this mess
[/quote]

do you have psorasis, sebboria or exema (sp?) that could be causing your really dry skin- if so, a derm can give you lotions that will help
i have psorasis.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is what you would call combination I guess. I have to moisturize my t-zone or it gets flaky, but too much and its gets super oily. It's pretty frustrating.

My favorite moisturizer so far was a gift from a friend. It's called "Dream Cream" and is by Lush cosmetics. The smell takes some getting used to, but it really is an awesome moisturizer. Because its made from fresh ingredients it has an expiration date so I might try to find one from their line with a better smell next time.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not oily or dry. It actually depends on the location. If I'm in an airconditioned room a whole day my skin tends to dry up. If the weather outside is very hot and humid, it gets oily.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have combination skin.I don't use anything for it other than witch hazel or alchol

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have dry, sensitive skin. I have psoriasis on my feet and hands. I use a scrubbing body wash in the shower to take off the dead skin and use udderly smooth udder cream when I get out. I love the udder cream! Its the only thing that helps and makes my skin softer.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have combination skin. I use a product by oil of olay. Forget what it's called though... but it's suppose to even it out.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dry, but aparently i have a mix, but its more dry.

I cant wear face moisturiser, only body because its thinner and it works alot better!

So yes i do wear Nivea body lotion on my face

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With heating the house wih a woodstove even though i have a humidifier running my skin will continue to dry out at the winter progresses. So I limit my baths and the time in the shower. My face is normal to combination. Right now I have a pimple developing on my forehead (and here I though I was too old for pimples!).

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have problem skin. I know I am a lucky girl. The only time its gets a little dry is in the winter. Then a few days of lotion (Pond's) and I ma good to go.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My skin is oily! Am I the only one? I got it from my dad. I use Clearasil daily oil control face wash, and during the day I use Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets as well as any kind of pressed powder (usually Cover Girl or Maybelline). I only need moisturizer on my hands during the winter. I also have to shower in the morning because my hair gets oily in a few hours.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be 45 in March and still have super oily skin! I always have and hate it. I've never been plagued with acne though.

I use one of two things to wash my face: 1. Biore Facial Cleanser 2. Plain hand soap.

Except for a bit of vaseline on my lips in the winter, I never put any kind of moisturizer on or near my face.