If your dining out..be considerate!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So hubby and I just came back from the Chinese place. It's normally a nice small establishment that isn't too crowded and pretty quiet. Not tonight though! There were 3 hicks in there on their stupid cell phones (the walkie talkie types) and being VERY loud.

So, my thought for today.. If you insist on talking on your phone in a restaurant at least be quiet about it! That means turn the stupid walkie talkie function off!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

So hubby and I just came back from the Chinese place. It's normally a nice small establishment that isn't too crowded and pretty quiet. Not tonight though! There were 3 hicks in there on their stupid cell phones (the walkie talkie types) and being VERY loud.

So, my thought for today.. If you insist on talking on your phone in a restaurant at least be quiet about it! That means turn the stupid walkie talkie function off!
I HATE those stupid walkie-talkie things. If you don't need a walkie-talkie for work, you don't need one. That freaking chirping noise makes me wanna scream, and I usually find the people using them equally obnoxious. I don't want to hear your side of the conversation in the first place, why the heck would I want to hear the other person (who probably has no idea an entire store/restaurant/mall/etc can hear them) and then you yelling into it in response, plus that noise? Oh, that's right, I don't.

If I were their waitress, I would have asked them to put the phones away or leave. Don't care which.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have them at work and they drive me crazy!

I think they should be banned altogether
and people get so lazy because beeper mins are cheaper than regular mins (which is why so many people use it rather than the phone), my boss will beep me from the next room when the door is open and he could just ask me loud enough for me to hear!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UUUUUUUgggh! Don't get me started.

The only good thing about the walkie talkies is that you KNOW the person isn't talking to themselves.

Otherwise I really could care less if I have to listen to your conversation. I don't need to know which friend of yours has VD, etc.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That bothers the crap out of me too.

One time I went into a resturant to eat and the people at the next table were letting their kids eat on the floor, they were passing the food to them. I mean please its a dirty resturand carpet.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, my mom embarasses me BIG time when we're out in public and her phone rings. She doesn't have the walkie-talkie function, but this is how it normally goes:

*Ring*
Mom scrambles in purse, finds phone. *ring*
Stares at the screen to see who it is. *ring*
Finally answers the thing.
"HELLO? OH HI! NOPE, I'M VISITING WITH JADE RIGHT NOW. SORRY MOM, BUT I WON'T BE HOME UNTIL LATER. CALL RAY. YEAH. LOVE YOU TOO! BYE!" (caps to show volume of her voice)
*hangs up*
I stare at her, she says, "What?"
"Could you keep it down a bit mom? That was really loud."

And she NEVER gets it. I hate when her phone rings in public.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those walkie-talkie phones drive me nuts- I don't care to hear your conversation!!
If I use my cell phone in public, I'm at least considerate about it!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a co worker that uses that while she is at work so we have to listen not only to her but her kids whining about who is mean to who and so we chime in and start whining like they are while she is trying to talk to them and it gets the point across.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have actually heard people talking about like family deaths and why someone should get someones money on one of those things.

Seriously? COME ON. Get off the freaking phone!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

So, my mom embarasses me BIG time when we're out in public and her phone rings. She doesn't have the walkie-talkie function, but this is how it normally goes:

*Ring*
Mom scrambles in purse, finds phone. *ring*
Stares at the screen to see who it is. *ring*
Finally answers the thing.
"HELLO? OH HI! NOPE, I'M VISITING WITH JADE RIGHT NOW. SORRY MOM, BUT I WON'T BE HOME UNTIL LATER. CALL RAY. YEAH. LOVE YOU TOO! BYE!" (caps to show volume of her voice)
*hangs up*
I stare at her, she says, "What?"
"Could you keep it down a bit mom? That was really loud."

And she NEVER gets it. I hate when her phone rings in public.
Is she related to my husband? He does the SAME THING!
People will stare at him.
I keep tellin him "It's not 2 tins cans with a string, you don't have to yell!"

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only people who should have walkie talkies are cops and firemen and other first responders, they have to have them. Try going out in public with my mom. Cause normally she will wait until she is drunk to want to go somewhere and then be very loud and tell everyone that you are her kid. And tells people do you remember her. And then she tells me that I know her stupid drunk friends, which I have never met because she didn't raise me. I know a couple of them but not too well.
Once we went to Krogers and I had my bf at the time with me and she was wanting to buy supper her idea of it was tv dinners and I really wasn't hungry so I was going to get a kids crusine because they are smaller and I didn't want to waist the food. Well she starts cussing and shouting about me getting some d*** food that would actually fill me up. She will also wait until we are at a bar or something and then start commenting on how she wishes her breasts where big like mine. And people wonder why I refuse to go anywhere with her. She also sings karaokee and she can't sing and she will point me out while she is on the stage.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

The only people who should have walkie talkies are cops and firemen and other first responders, they have to have them.
Unfortunately, the cell companies 'market' them to other groups and they do save $$$ on your bills so I think we are going to see a lot more of them.

I know up here they are extremely popular with the construction industry and places where they have 'long distance' offices as the minutes are cheaper and because you click when you want to talk, you don't pay for the silences.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never seen those walkie talkie things???

I have a cell phone, but i mainly use it to SMS people, and Hello! im not in america so if someone calls me i dont pay for it!

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
there is a customer at work that always comes to me. He has one of those things that I believe is used for his work and 9 out of ten times that thing goes off an echoes through the lobby. Its really a pain in the butt when someone who is not even two feet away from you is almost yelling into a fripping phone!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate walkie- talkies! Lee had one when we first started dating. His friends would beep him while we were in restaurant or the grocery store screaming and yelling bad stuff. It was so embarrassing!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me tell you how much I hate that walkie talkie thing! My neighbor's (the one's with the emotional problems) have had arguments via those things! Try hearing this at one in the after noon:

*chirp* "I just saw your girlfriend!

*chirp* "For the last time I didn't cheat on you!"

*chirp* "Yes you did..."

Then it descends into a chirping argument that everyone in a 10 mile radius can hear. It makes me want to run into the hall way and scream just to make it stop!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Let me tell you how much I hate that walkie talkie thing! My neighbor's (the one's with the emotional problems) have had arguments via those things! Try hearing this at one in the after noon:

*chirp* "I just saw your girlfriend!

*chirp* "For the last time I didn't cheat on you!"

*chirp* "Yes you did..."

Then it descends into a chirping argument that everyone in a 10 mile radius can hear. It makes me want to run into the hall way and scream just to make it stop!
I'm sorry I know it was annoying to hear that but it's really funny!